Wanting to cancel a cruise

SB2788

Something major happened in my life this past week and I am so sad and in no mood to go on my cruise in the next 3 weeks. If I cancel just myself in the reservation, do I forfeit the entire amount for myself? Is it possible Carnival could charge me some sort of penalty (~25-50%) and allow me to keep the remainder of my fare as credit towards a later voyage?

Is it possible to just change the name and allow someone else to go in my place?

Thank you!

Did you book Early Saver rate?? If any other rate then yes you can change people for $50 pp. If you booked ES the rules are no name changes.

Im assuming no insurance.... and if there are only two in the cabin, the other person will get charged as a solo 200% of the current rate, so could get charged more than they paid at final payment ....usually its better if the 2nd person is a no show and just forfeits their fare.

Im in that situation, my sister got proposed to and they decided on this rush wedding Sept 15, and my cruise with her is Sept 26th.

Is it possible just to wait a day or two and reassess your situation?

You may decide a cruise would be an ideal way for you to have some alone time to deal with your sadness. Sure, it won't be the party all night, sun and swim all day vacation you have probably been envisioning since booking, but it can be a healing, quiet time for you to do some soul searching and take care of you.

You could wake up early in the mornings, enjoy a cup of coffee and a walk on the sports deck as the sun rises, nap on the Serenity deck a little during the day, plan a spa treatment or two, etc. There's plenty of time for just staring at the ocean and contemplating your life.

unless of course the reason for the change of heart is due to a breakup with your travel companion, then forget everything I just said!

If you have decided you just really don't want to go, contact Carnival and tell them your situation. They may work with you on your penalties -- give you a future credit or something like that. All they HAVE to do is give you back 50% (depending on how you booked), but it never hurts to at least ask for a little help.

Ship Addict

unless of course the reason for the change of heart is due to a breakup with your travel companion, then forget everything I just said!

tell the person you broke up with you are not going and that you hope they fall overboard.

then put a disgusting ad on craigslist and sell it for $1 to the nastiest person who answers.

just kidding. i always send a nice breakup email greeting card and promise to give them their stuff back when i find a new place and a job. but i may forget.

Something major happened in my life this past week and I am so sad and in no mood to go on my cruise in the next 3 weeks. If I cancel just myself in the reservation, do I forfeit the entire amount for myself? Is it possible Carnival could charge me some sort of penalty (~25-50%) and allow me to keep the remainder of my fare as credit towards a later voyage?

Is it possible to just change the name and allow someone else to go in my place?

Thank you!

I hope everything works out for you.

As of last Feb. we were able to do a name change for ES with a $50 charge.

ES rules are so strict.. when was the cruise booked= when did you make the change and where did you sail?

the OP is sailing in 3 weeks.

If she booked ES rate then no she cant

but if she booked a regular booking then she can do a name change.

We did a name change for 50.00 3 days before a sailing.

Either you were still before final payment and they could cancel and rebook or you are the one person Iv heard this from... they have been very strict with others and OP is past final payment. Iv heard of cases of someone being in ICU and they werent allowed to cancel.

So, how far before final payment were you?

When I booked the Pride last Sept for this past Feb, I booked ES through a TA. The trip was initially for my husband, my brother and I. But, 2mnths before the cruise, my husband's work told him he couldn't get off. So, I called the TA and asked to change the name to my mother. She said she'd call Carnival, but because we booked ES name changes were not allowed. When she called me back it was done and I owed her $50.

We did not add my brother to the cruise until 3 weeks before sailing. After another $50, I think that was the TA's fee, that was done.

Now, because I did not book this myself through Carnival, I can only go with what the TA said..that I was booked ES.

The strict Carnival Policy for Early Saver is no Name Changes (meaning you cannot substitute a different passenger - they WILL generally allow you to correct an incorrect name for the same passenger) - if you WERE Early Saver and you were able to switch passengers, you caught a HUGE break.

ken

The strict Carnival Policy for Early Saver is no Name Changes (meaning you cannot substitute a different passenger - they WILL generally allow you to correct an incorrect name for the same passenger) - if you WERE Early Saver and you were able to switch passengers, you caught a HUGE break.

ken

My name was entered incorrectly on my booking by my PVP. When this was discovered I was told I would have to pay the $50 fee to correct it. It was cheaper to get a new ID with my name changed to match my booking. My case may be different than the norm as it was involving the use of 2 last names and the wrong one being put on the booking due to a miscommunication.

Thank you!

No one has enough information to give you any valid information. We need to know the type of fare you have booked and the date of sailing, until we have that information no one can give you any advice.

Thank you!

No one has enough information to give you any valid information. We need to know the type of fare you have booked and the date of sailing, until we have that information no one can give you any advice.

We do know the OP is past final payment, so it matters not a whit which fare they booked. Once you hit final payment, normal cancellations apply, even to ES rates.

Thank you!

I'm afraid I don't have the knowledge to provide you with an answer but I wanted to wish you well and hope that happiness comes your way very quickly.:)

Either you were still before final payment and they could cancel and rebook or you are the one person Iv heard this from... they have been very strict with others and OP is past final payment. Iv heard of cases of someone being in ICU and they werent allowed to cancel.

So, how far before final payment were you?

We were before the final payment date, It didn't register that the OP was past that point. We weren't given any problem when we called about changing it. We weren't canceling, just changing.

Archived