Seasoned Cruiser-My View July 24th Epic Sailing

rolloman

snorklin'barb

Um- 1 question...maybe 2...

' We also really enjoyed the specialties. There are some "extra charge" entrees in Cagney's, like you describe, but it also exists in Le Bistro - for the lobster tail or 32 oz. cote de boeuf, for example, it's an extra $10 on top of the $20 - majority of menu is $20 though'

001) Are you saying yo at the Man. Club and there you cna order items for other specialty restaurant and they will charge u there but you can it in that restaurant....i.r steak dinner from Cagney's

OR

d) Did you say you ate at both restaurants but also paid teh extra chare at the specialty restaurants but on TOP of that they cover-charge you then paid more to order an even more special entree....or am I mistaken...

Please clarity and thank you.

It was not an issue, my little one never stayed much longer than 2 hours at a time. We only got the call once and I went there right away and changed her in a huge restroom equipped with changing table. Funny thing was her diaper was not even soiled, she is on the cusp of being potty trained and now tells everyone when she is ready to go. She told the staff, they called me and I got up there so fast that I guess she had not finished lol. But for peace of mind, their facilities are truly great.

Thanks so much for your response. Our kiddo is on the verge as well, but it is nice to know that if he doesn't make it 100% by January we are all set. He will be with his cousin, so hopefully he will enjoy it as much as yours did. Thanks again. :)

snorklin'barb

Um- 1 question...maybe 2...

' We also really enjoyed the specialties. There are some "extra charge" entrees in Cagney's, like you describe, but it also exists in Le Bistro - for the lobster tail or 32 oz. cote de boeuf, for example, it's an extra $10 on top of the $20 - majority of menu is $20 though'

001) Are you saying yo at the Man. Club and there you cna order items for other specialty restaurant and they will charge u there but you can it in that restaurant....i.r steak dinner from Cagney's

OR

d) Did you say you ate at both restaurants but also paid teh extra chare at the specialty restaurants but on TOP of that they cover-charge you then paid more to order an even more special entree....or am I mistaken...

Please clarity and thank you.

Hi,

Answer is D. Manhattan Room and Taste are the 2 main DR's and there are no charges for anything there. You can't order any specialty restaurant meals in there. They are the 2 with the unchanging menus + daily specials.

Then there are the specialties which charge $10-25 for their menus, depending on the venue.

A couple of them also offer 2-3 "extra special" items which have an additional $10 charge. Rolloman happened to mention this applies to a couple of things in Cagney's and I was only pointing out that Le Bistro also has this with a couple of entrees.

Example: You pay $25 for Cagney's which covers just about all entrees (and all appetizers, soups, salads, desserts). But if you want the king crab legs it will be a $10 extra charge, so $35.

In Le Bistro, you pay $20pp for just about everything (same as above). But the lobster tail or 32 oz. cote de boeuf will be an extra $10, so $30.

Hope that makes it clear!:)

My first dinner will be in Moderno....any info to share on this dinning room?

I think the buffet portion of it was very good, lots of seafood. Loved the soups.

The meat delivered to your table was hit and miss. I am not going to go into what I thought was good vs bad because the meats were different enough that each person will have a different opinion. Just leave room for the meat after going to the buffett. In short, I think it is well worth the cover charge. Make sure you are hungry when you go.

As a Carnivor........lots of meat at Moderno should make me a happy camper....or should I say cruiser.:p:p:p

USMC 74-86

Let me know what you think about your Epic voyage shipmate... you only have 16 days and a wakeup to go. Looks like you have some other great trips lined up as well... loved the Celebrity Solstice class...I am sure you will too!

Yes I have too many cruises lined up. Even have one for Jan 8, 2012 on deposit....the Star Flyer out of Puerto Caldera to Costa Rica/Panama.

Been on Star Clipper line three times...love it love it love it.

I prefer small vessels where I am close to the sea...these big ships are so large and tall you lose any ocean views unless you hang over the stern.

I am doing Epic for one reason...the deal I got...and it was NCL that called me. Otherwise I would not be on this behemouth. I am going with a neutral attitude and expect nothing. From a structural point, traffic flow , signage detail, material quality...I will be checking her out....I am more ship design enthusiast than tourist...and being so big I should be well occupied for the week.

Only gray bottom I was on was the Nimitz......a tough riding gal.

PS.....I hold squid in high esteem!;)

Archived