?? $$ Cab Fare Canaveral to Universal ??

littlesnit

Hi,

We've booked the Universal Islands of Adventure shore excursion through Carnival but because of health reasons may want to leave later in the morning or earlier in the evening. Does anyone know an estimated cost for a cab and how easy would it be to get one? Also, do you think there would be a problem if we didn't show up for the bus?

Thanks.

If i were going to use other means of transportation for this I would also look into booking the excursion on my own. if you can it will be alot cheaper than through carnival. cocoa beach shuttle should run you under $60 one way per couple. they also give a cc discount if you ask. however they are not always real prompt. we waited for about 45 minutes for the shuttle to show up to take us to the airport in june.

Hmmm, lots of good food for thought. Thanks all.

Having fibro really stinks. Ya just never know, so you have to plan for alternatives.

Thanks again. :)

I feel your pain all too well. No such thing as firm plans for anything active with fibro.

The cab thing would be tough since it's an hour ride at least from CAnaveral to the theme parks. I'd look into renting a car.

So glad you are coming to Islands of Adventure! If you catch my drift, I have a particular expertise on the subject of Universal. ;) You should know that if you plan on visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter that it is still extremely busy - and in my opinion worth the hassle (once). :D

The local taxi company is Mears. Call them to check on specifics about price. There is a taxi stand at the parking rotunda so you wouldn't have to call for a pick up, though. The parking structure supports all of Universal, IOA and CityWalk.

May I ask if you are wheelchair dependent? If not, you may consider the rental on an ECV that will make your day more manageable. I am happy to help with your planning...please let me know if I can. :)

So glad you are coming to Islands of Adventure! If you catch my drift, I have a particular expertise on the subject of Universal. ;) You should know that if you plan on visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter that it is still extremely busy - and in my opinion worth the hassle (once). :D

The local taxi company is Mears. Call them to check on specifics about price. There is a taxi stand at the parking rotunda so you wouldn't have to call for a pick up, though. The parking structure supports all of Universal, IOA and CityWalk.

May I ask if you are wheelchair dependent? If not, you may consider the rental on an ECV that will make your day more manageable. I am happy to help with your planning...please let me know if I can. :)

Just wanted to say what a very nice person you are - very few left in this world to extend such wonderful and sincere offer and help.

Blessings always

Hi we are coming from uk to cruise in October, the week after the cruise we are staying on INtl Drive to do our first visit to WDW and Universal.

As we have no car we are looking for shuttles from the port to Intl Drive, i am also going to have to bite the bullet and get a wheelchair which i hate the thought of, as my arthritic hips mean by the time i catch up with my boys they will have been on a few rides!! Im a bit slow on my crutches!!!

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies to OP for asking for information on your thread.

For me, with Disney and Universal, I always have a car. Just is far more efficient and more important, no tying up my time, waiting for shuttles, and being stuck with their times. Offers me way more lodging and meal options as well. Especially with cheap car rentals in Florida, and one way, many times being no more costly, it's a great option to also consider.

Archived