Sofabed for 3 Year Old

LisaT91403

Has anyone used a sofabed for their toddler? We are going on Oasis in June, when DS will be 3 years old. I've read that the sofabeds are not comfortable, but I'm wondering if it will be okay for a 3 year old.

He is in a converted crib right now (crib with a rail rather than a drop side), so he climbs in and out. I'm hoping he won't have trouble in a "bed" when it comes time to cruise next year.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

No way I'm sleeping on the sofa bed! I'm not stressing out -- just curious, and am asking how it's gone for others with toddlers. Thanks for the info :-)

do some of the posts have an unpleasant undertone? it seemed like an innocent question

It's fun to be curious about these things..... just part of the excitement building up to your fun cruise. You have so many options once you board & sort out what will work best. We have but mattress/cushions on the floor & made up bed this way. placed sheets & blankets on top of the sofa and 4 yr old slept there (this saved us room in the cabin vs folding out the sofa bed. Used sofabed-- placed extra blankets around the edge to prevent rolling off (he then had tons of movement in his bed).Walmart has a little cot for $15 if you are interested

Have fun

Yeah, I was thinking that some of the posts seemed a little bit mean-spirited to me, and wasn't sure why. I wasn't complaining or stressing out...just asking about others' previous experience.

We will have a Junior Suite, so I'm not too worried about folding out the couch. Good idea about putting blankets around the edges!

Yeah, I was thinking that some of the posts seemed a little bit mean-spirited to me, and wasn't sure why. I wasn't complaining or stressing out...just asking about others' previous experience.

We will have a Junior Suite, so I'm not too worried about folding out the couch. Good idea about putting blankets around the edges!

OP - you said, "Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!"

You received people's thoughts and now are complaining that some of them seem "mean-spirited"? I see one joking one, some factual ones, but don't see any rude posts on this thread; you honestly seem a bit defensive, though about what, I have absolutely no idea.

The great thing about having a toddler sleep on a sofa bed is that they usually sag in the middle. This makes it perfect for a toddler because it helps them stay in the middle. You can still put some pillows on the side, but it should work great. We started putting our DS of the sofa bed when cruising when he was 2 even though he still slept in a crib at home and a pack and play on other trips. Even with a suite, the pack and play just makes the cabin seem small.

MY DD slept on the pull out little sofa bed when she was 4 and 5 (two cruises). she was fine and loved it. she didn't want the top bunk bed but we called this the bottom bunk bed and it was good for her. we tucked one of the sofa cushions on each side near her head where there was a little gap and it was all good. remember to bring a little night light in case anyone needs to get up and go potty.

We used sofa beds and they worked well for the cruise. One thing about kids being young is that they can pretty much sleep anywhere even standing up or on a trip driving and you see there heads bent backwards, sideways, forward in the car seat and still manage to sleep llike a "baby".

Has anyone used a sofabed for their toddler? We are going on Oasis in June, when DS will be 3 years old. I've read that the sofabeds are not comfortable, but I'm wondering if it will be okay for a 3 year old.

He is in a converted crib right now (crib with a rail rather than a drop side), so he climbs in and out. I'm hoping he won't have trouble in a "bed" when it comes time to cruise next year.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Archived