CCL upgrades

GOIN2C

Has anyone received an upgrade on their cruise lately? I know that RCI has recently changed their policy to try to upgrade to those cruising with the most past cruises. RCI is not known for being generous with their upgrades. Does CCL do the same?

Has anyone received an upgrade on their cruise lately? I know that RCI has recently changed their policy to try to upgrade to those cruising with the most past cruises. RCI is not known for being generous with their upgrades. Does CCL do the same?

Carnival upgrades have always been a mystery.....

the last one (upgrade ~ for free) was in January on the Triumph.

They upgraded us from a 6B (OV on Main) to an balcony on Spa level.

Actually, I think RCL is known to be quit generous with upgrades. I have had 3 guarantees with RCL and got a OV and PR with a inside guarantee, my friend got a full suite with a balcony guarantee. .. and on and on.

You just dont hear this on Carnival who now has a upsell dept and they try and sell upgrades for slightly reduced rates. Carnival is way way way more stingy with upgrades compared to RCL.

I got a 4B last time with a IS guarantee on carnival. I got a 4A all the way aft Riveria deck, the very last cabin on a upcoming guarantee, also from Carnival.

Carnival upgrades have always been a mystery.....

the last one (upgrade ~ for free) was in January on the Triumph.

They upgraded us from a 6B (OV on Main) to an balcony on Spa level.

And you are milestone, 25 or over.

My PVP says she sees this in people who cruise a lot. I said I did 7 in one year, she says milestone and more frequent pax are the ones she sees upgrades for.

Last time I got a (free) upgrade, it was on Triumph upgraded from a balcony to a suite. At the time it was my 3rd cruise with CCL, so obviously I was not one of their loyal supercruisers with dozens of cruises under my belt. Why they upgraded me, I have no clue. They didn't even call. I was checking my room # to place a BV order, noticed the room # had changed and called CCL to be told, "oh ya, we gave you a free upgrade." "O....K...Thanks!"

Last time I got a (free) upgrade, it was on Triumph upgraded from a balcony to a suite. At the time it was my 3rd cruise with CCL, so obviously I was not one of their loyal supercruisers with dozens of cruises under my belt. Why they upgraded me, I have no clue. They didn't even call. I was checking my room # to place a BV order, noticed the room # had changed and called CCL to be told, "oh ya, we gave you a free upgrade." "O....K...Thanks!"

Similar situation with us as well.....but even funnier.... had booked an OV cabin.......no one ever told us we were upgraded.......we were in the hall trying to open our cabin door over and over with the sign/sail card which did not work. Finally a steward who had passed us several times stopped to ask if he could help.....long story short, he said "this is not your room, you are up on Empress Deck in a balcony room"....we were stunned, thought it was a big mistake.....but NO, we had been upgraded and didn't even know it. That was a WONDERFUL surprise....and we were not platinum nor constant cruisers at the time!

Similar situation with us as well.....but even funnier.... had booked an OV cabin.......no one ever told us we were upgraded.......we were in the hall trying to open our cabin door over and over with the sign/sail card which did not work. Finally a steward who had passed us several times stopped to ask if he could help.....long story short, he said "this is not your room, you are up on Empress Deck in a balcony room"....we were stunned, thought it was a big mistake.....but NO, we had been upgraded and didn't even know it. That was a WONDERFUL surprise....and we were not platinum nor constant cruisers at the time!

Now, that was AWESOME!!

Thank you all for the feedback.

Archived