Blue Bus to Mendenhall Glacier question.

Chewysdad

I read that the drop off point for the Blue Bus to Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau is 1 and 1/2 miles to the visitors center. We would like to use the Blue Bus but I can not make a 1 and 1/2 mile walk in and then out. Does anyone know how far the bus stop is from the visitor's center at the glacier?

I read that the drop off point for the Blue Bus to Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau is 1 and 1/2 miles to the visitors center. We would like to use the Blue Bus but I can not make a 1 and 1/2 mile walk in and then out. Does anyone know how far the bus stop is from the visitor's center at the glacier?

The blue bus(all blue)--Express drops you right in a quiet lot, near a trail and creek viewing bridge within sight of the visitor's center and picks you back up there when you are ready to go back. It is about 50 feet further away than where the Princess/Holland tour buses drop off their people. The same company has tours (blue stripe on the bus), but they make sure you get on the right bus. A very patient lady ran the parking lot area near the tram and was helpful and pleasant on our visiting day.

The TOWN BUS is the one that requires the long walk.

I've seen several posts to this effect this year. Where are you seeing this?

Yes, there are "mis posts", claiming this.

The CITY bus, pick up from Franklin, has the 1+++ level mile bus stop from the Mendenhall visitor center. The SHUTTLE bus, $14 round trip, picks up from the dock, near the tram and drops off by the visitor center.

Thank you for the clarification. The local bus is cheaper but leaves you farther from the visitor's center. The "BLUE" bus costs $14 round trip but lets you off in the visitor's center parking lot. Now that makes sense! Thanks again!:)

Yes, there are "mis posts", claiming this.

The CITY bus, pick up from Franklin, has the 1+++ level mile bus stop from the Mendenhall visitor center. The SHUTTLE bus, $14 round trip, picks up from the dock, near the tram and drops off by the visitor center.

Yes, but I'm never seeing the original post that says, "MGT bus drops you off a mile from the visitors center..."

I'm only seeing these posts! :confused: "I 'hear' that the MGT bus leaves you a mile..."

Is it a game of telephone? Everyone reads those posts, ignores the endless replies saying it's not true, and get in a panic?

Yes, but I'm never seeing the original post that says, "MGT bus drops you off a mile from the visitors center..."

I'm only seeing these posts! :confused: "I 'hear' that the MGT bus leaves you a mile..."

Is it a game of telephone? Everyone reads those posts, ignores the endless replies saying it's not true, and get in a panic?

I frequently find it is "posts" from people who haven't even been there, jumping in to "answer" a question, and don't know all the details. If you've been there, you usually know what you are talking about. If not, you can "copy" wrong with the relay.

I frequently find it is "posts" from people who haven't even been there, jumping in to "answer" a question, and don't know all the details. If you've been there, you usually know what you are talking about. If not, you can "copy" wrong with the relay.

wow, and i thought it was me. okay, it usually is.

the best/most current information will be from the operators, not from someone that had a singular experience 4 years ago.

tourism is very fluid, i've seen ports that were in one year and out the next. your best info will be going to the source.....plus some locals and veterans that can guide you in the general direction.

Archived