Golden Princess Review - July 24 - 31

Host Anne

Thanks Anne.

We are off to a great start.

An announcement was made earlier that we are experiencing the calmest sea day of this years cruise season. The waters are like glass.

The ship is in great shape with a fabulous crew.

We have not seen Christopher yet.

Mike:)

Mike ~ thanks for posting....but don't spend too much time on the boards. :) Glad to hear you are having smooth sailing. Our first day out was a tad rough but after that, we had pretty calm seas as well. I was just thinking "they are heading into Juneau today!" Have a wonderful day!

[quote name='Host Anne']Mike ~ thanks for posting....but don't spend too much time on the boards. :) Glad to hear you are having smooth sailing. Our first day out was a tad rough but after that, we had pretty calm seas as well. I was just thinking "they are heading into Juneau today!" Have a wonderful day![/QUOTE]

And a week from today, we'll be the ones sailing into Juneau.

We just had a great weekend celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary (on Friday the 13th), and expect an even better week next week on our cruise.

Ontheweb ~ I'm so jealous. I just finished creating my DVD of all our slides for those in our group. There was just something so magical about this cruise. I could watch this DVD over and over again. I wish you a WONDERFUL cruise. I'll stop by your roll call to say Bon Voyage, too! And most importantly, a very HAPPY 33rd Anniversary ... and many more!

[quote name='Host Anne']Ontheweb ~ I'm so jealous. I just finished creating my DVD of all our slides for those in our group. There was just something so magical about this cruise. I could watch this DVD over and over again. I wish you a WONDERFUL cruise. I'll stop by your roll call to say Bon Voyage, too! And most importantly, a very HAPPY 33rd Anniversary ... and many more![/QUOTE]

Thank you for the anniversary wish. We actually started cruising to celebrate our 25th anniversary. In late 2001, I said to DW, "We've never been on a cruise. How about we do one for our 25th anniversary?" I suggested Bermuda because who at that time wanted to fly, and I could drive to NY. She suggested Alaska. So we ended up flying to Barcelona and sailing a Western Mediterranean cruise on the Splendour of the Seas. I found that one. And I knew DW, the world's most talented elementary art teacher, would love it. Our 3rd cruise was to Bermuda, and now our 7th will be to Alaska.

Was there much ballroom dancing and ballroom classes on the cruise? I know there was a lot on our 30th anniversary cruise, the Star Princess in the Baltic region. DW is making me practice, and we continued to celebrate our anniversary the next night by going out to a dance.

ontheweb ~ there was quite a bit of dancing in the atrium (piazza as they call it) every night and some in the Wheelhouse where we had our pre-dinner drinks most evenings. I don't recall classes but I'm sure they had them. Activities on this cruise seemed to move pretty quickly, one after another so unless it was something we planned to go to, it was tough to keep track. We love to watch people dance but rhythm isn't something my husband has a lot of :). We keep threatening to take lessons...one of these days. Have a wonderful cruise and celebrate your anniversary all over again. ENJOY!

[quote name='Host Anne']ontheweb ~ there was quite a bit of dancing in the atrium (piazza as they call it) every night and some in the Wheelhouse where we had our pre-dinner drinks most evenings. I don't recall classes but I'm sure they had them. Activities on this cruise seemed to move pretty quickly, one after another so unless it was something we planned to go to, it was tough to keep track. We love to watch people dance but rhythm isn't something my husband has a lot of :). We keep threatening to take lessons...one of these days. Have a wonderful cruise and celebrate your anniversary all over again. ENJOY![/QUOTE]

LOL, lack of rhythm is what my DW accuses me of, too. (while she plays both the flute and piano.) She is into getting the steps perfect. I just want to be with her and have a good time. She has a problem with "he leads, she follows" as she accuses me of being off the beat.

We actually started dancing on our third cruise (Bermuda) when I suggested it. After that she found lessons for us to go to to prepare for our 30th anniversary Baltic cruise.

Host Anne, sorry to be tardy but the internet has been down for about 24 hours.

Ran into Christopher last evening as he was passing the Promenade bar. I stopped him, introduced myself and my partner and said that I was to convey greetings from his "fishing buddies".

I wish you could have seen the look on his face, it was priceless. Such shock, then a beaming smile as he said, "You are kidding?" and I said, "No, I am bringing greetings from Anne and your fishing buddies".

Then he said to me, "Let me tell you, I have never had such fun that I can remember" He was stunned and thrilled at the same time.

It was a pleasure to meet him.

Mike:)

Hi Mike ~ you are such a sweetheart for saying hi and taking the time to post. I hope we haven't officially "frightened" him :). My daughter says I'm crazy! I hope you and your partner are having as great a cruise as we did. Anxious to hear about it when you return. Thanks again for passing along our best wishes!!!

• 3 months later...
Anne

Thank you for such a wonderful review, and such beautiful pictures. I must admit, you highjacked me....... I had been reading a thread about excursions in St. John. My wife and I are sailing on the Norwegian Pearl in early January. Reading down thru the board, I came upon your link to this board and your picture link............[B]WOW[/B]!

We have not yet had the chance to take the Alaska trip, but after reading your review, it is certainly on our "bucket list".

I love reading your posts, they are [U]Always[/U] filled with such great and interesting information. Thanks to you and others, we are going to venture to St. John this trip, and I'm sure it will be as easy as you say.

Thanks again
Happy sailing.............

Steve

Archived