So those of you that have already sailed on Epic:

UK_Cruiser

We have all sat here for months (some years I am guessing), building up to sailing this fantastic looking ship.

Now you have sailed her, do you still feel the same ?

Still excited about her ?

Want to sail her again ?

Or is it a little bit.......meh.......(so what?)

I suppose what I am saying or asking is......Is this the truly great cruise ship that you had hoped for or once you had been on board a few days just another big cruise ship ?

Would also be interested to hear from those sailing NCL for the first time.

How did NCL compare to say RCI ?

Thanks

Mike

We were on the TA and expected to enjoy the ship but thought that it would be a one-off cruise on the Epic BUT we were wrong and we will sail her again (possibly next summer in the Med). Really enjoyed our time onboard and it was fun to be able to properly explore a new "different" ship again. We've only sailed NCL so can't give you any comparisons.

7 days on the TA and did not manage to do/see everything.

Outdoor time was very limited.

If the prices are good next year the med is on the cards, easy hop over to BCN done the ports so lots of ship time while others are off

Might even look at the TA as well but there is a lot of competition and the Early one is not to cheap, late is looking much better.

NCL V RCI they are very different products both appeal and we will do either

last year we did B2B RCI Independance followed by NCL jewel both great but different

I think NCL probably wins when spending money at suite level allthough not tried RCI at this level.

One more from the 7 day transatlantic. I booked this cruise with the thought it would be one and done with the Epic. I was shocked despite a few start up problems that in hind site were just noise I loved the ship and did not have time to do everything I wanted even with all sea days. It is a very different product in so many ways with a core of the Freestyle 2 but taken too a new level. Never enjoyed entertainment more on any ship. If you have to stay in a rut and dine around the same time and head to the theater each night to be happy find another ship. If you want to enjoy a sea cruise outside on the upper decks and still have everything a resort city has to offer on decks 5-7 then the ship is for you.

I will be back on the Epic.

Making plans for round two, as we speak....

As others have said, 7 days was not enough to experience the whole ship. I had originally booked the TA because I had no interest whatsoever in the Caribbean....but now that it (and our friends) will be on it in the Med next year.....I'm trying to work-out the airfare, hotels, and pre-cruise possibilities.

Making plans for round two, as we speak....

As others have said, 7 days was not enough to experience the whole ship. I had originally booked the TA because I had no interest whatsoever in the Caribbean....but now that it (and our friends) will be on it in the Med next year.....I'm trying to work-out the airfare, hotels, and pre-cruise possibilities.

That's why we booked B2B.

You can just tell that it's impossible to really really experience this ship in just one week.

So glad we have booked 2 weeks.

I did the TA with my 3 kids and we truly enjoyed the ship. I don't feel like we have even scratched the surface of this cool ship. We booked another CY Villa for one of next summer's Med itineraries and this time we are bringing DH with us. :) I'm looking forward to sailing the Epic again and getting the opportunity to enjoy her outdoor spaces.

Oh forgot,

With NCL Jewel class and now the Epic you can have multiple styles of cruises on the same ship.

The ship within a ship sanctury, Epic club and the courtyard.

Stay in a suite/courtyard and you get to enjoy those facilities and venture out to the rest of the ship for entertainment and a choice of dinners.

Pick a regular cabin possibly an inside if budget is tight an you can spend more time hanging out around the ship doing stuff, O'Sheehans provides a great central place to hang out and in the better weather one would hope that H2O proves to be a suitable hang out place. still have the great buffet and extensive choice of food and entertainment to work through.

see my answers in red below. It was a fantastic trip!!!

We have all sat here for months (some years I am guessing), building up to sailing this fantastic looking ship.

Now you have sailed her, do you still feel the same ? Yes, she was AWESOME. This is my first time back to the boards, probably depression from vacation being over.

Still excited about her ? yes she was great

Want to sail her again ? maybe not, but only because I always like to try new things. The entertainment is unmatched, absolutly the best!

Or is it a little bit.......meh.......(so what?) definitly, not "so what". More like "wow"

I suppose what I am saying or asking is......Is this the truly great cruise ship that you had hoped for or once you had been on board a few days just another big cruise ship ? It was everything I had hoped for, plus so much more.

Would also be interested to hear from those sailing NCL for the first time.

How did NCL compare to say RCI ?

Thanks

Mike

Really really?:)

Please look at "sdmike's review & daily diary of Epic's inaugural western Caribbean cruise" "best ever" "forever" review.

He got everything he wanted from Epic ("Blast").

There was PLENTY of time left.

Here's another situation where the people who HAVE sailed the ship are saying one thing with a relatively uniform voice - the ship is great, and more time needed - and then we have people who haven't sailed on the ship saying that 1 week is sufficient.

Did we have a blast during the 1 week, absolutely. Did I

- realize that there was a candy store,

- see a walking track

- notice that POSH wasn't in the restricted area,

- get a chance to see Howl at the Moon

- Eat at Taste or Manhattan room

- Eat dinner more than once at Epic Club

- Experience the rock climbing, or the slides

- Swim

- Sunbathe

- See any entertainment at Fat Cats

- See the magician

- See the adult-oriented Second City

- Really get a chance to see Bliss

- Go to Spice H2O

The answer to all of these questions is NO. After a whole week, I still didn't get a chance to do any of those things.

That's why I need another week....STAT (or...maybe May.... )

Can you tell me what night lobster was served in the main dining room?

If you mean the buffet in the Garden Cafe, I don't remember seeing lobster. The only place we had lobster was at the Bistro cafe.

If you mean the buffet in the Garden Cafe, I don't remember seeing lobster. The only place we had lobster was at the Bistro cafe.

No the poster means in Manahattan or Taste as they are the main dining rooms. The Buffet is not a dining room it is a buffet.

Archived