I'm new.....please be kind

CruisingLover

Hi Everyone

I am VERY new here (literally just signed up :) ) and I have a question. I have been on 4 cruises all with Royal Caribbean: Song of America, Monarch of the Seas and Majesty of the Seas (twice). We are going on Explorer in July and I was wondering if they now have a drink "package" (for lack of a better word :o )? What I mean is, do they offer a package for a certain amount of money that you can pay and have all the drinks you want and not have to worry about that big bill at the end of the cruise?

Thanks!

First welcome to the Boards, you will find lots of help and knowledge here. My first cruise in 1989 was on the Song of America :) you brought back some memories.

No cruiselines have a drink package for anything other than sodas. However, we tend to buy some things ahead of time so that we can pay in advance for some things. We like to have wine every night with dinner so we always get a wine package prior to the cruise. We also tend to have a few bottles in the room prior to boarding. You can also do this with any liquor that you may want. You can pre-order a bunch of stuff. As far as hanging out by the pool or getting a drink while at a show you will have to put that on your cabin but doing some things ahead of time keeps the cost down a bit.

Hope this was helpful, enjoy the cruise.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and don't feel bad about posting questions. We all had to start out here with our first post and yours is a perfectly good question.

I was on the RCI board the other day and saw a post about a adult drink package that was now being offered but I didn't pay much attention after I saw the cost, which I think was $50 a day per person.

Here is a link to the RCI board where hopefully you can track down that post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83&page=1&sort=lastpost&order=&pp=50&daysprune=-1

Have a great next cruise.

Ohhhhhh, believe me...It can be done. My first cruise in 1998, our alcohol tab was about $1,200.00. I almost s_ _ _ !!(LOL) Though we purchased some photos, and things from the gift shop, and an excursion or two, 80% of the shipboard account was alcohol. Now we are about to embark on our 12th cruise and I can say now, that we are much more careful to say the least. We learned after years of cruising how to make our alcohol last.

John

• 1 month later...
Hi Everyone

I am VERY new here (literally just signed up :) ) and I have a question. I have been on 4 cruises all with Royal Caribbean: Song of America, Monarch of the Seas and Majesty of the Seas (twice). We are going on Explorer in July and I was wondering if they now have a drink "package" (for lack of a better word :o )? What I mean is, do they offer a package for a certain amount of money that you can pay and have all the drinks you want and not have to worry about that big bill at the end of the cruise?

Thanks!

hi,Ive checked out this site https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/mycruises/home.do you can check out the wine prices on this site, regards the drink package

Apparently they dont do one anymore. How disappointing. We have drafted a letter to clarify this will keep you posted on this issue.

regards

shaz (first time cruiser)have a great holiday

Several years ago RC had a wine package. For a fixed price (about $100, I think) you could select seven bottles during the cruise from a list of about 12 wines. They weren't magnificent wines, but they weren't bad, either. Probably what you'd pay $7-12 for in a wine shop. If you're not picky about wine but like to drink some with dinner, it wasn't a bad deal. I don't think they allowed you to choose the same wine twice, though, so if you found one you really liked you had to reorder it at the ship's regular price. We haven't been on RC since 1999, so I don't know whether they still offer this.

I am new to the Boards as well & can't seem to compact my msg. RCCL did not have a wine pkg when we cruised last June; however, our cruise docs for Explorer in April stated there was a wine pkg (in addition to coke & juice pkgs) availabe for a limited time.

Guess we will check that out.

Does anyone that "special' bottle on board?

Archived