Nile Blue Tours - Egypt?

Kramer995

Has anyone used Nile Blue tours for a private excursion just for a couple of people? Or do they only do tours for large groups.

I am looking for a reliable company for a private overnight tour to Cairo.

Thank you,

Molly23

Has anyone used Nile Blue tours for a private excursion just for a couple of people? Or do they only do tours for large groups.

I am looking for a reliable company for a private overnight tour to Cairo.

Thank you,

Molly23

hi molly i used nile blue tours for a private excursion for a couple of people, just me and my wife. hazem made a customized tours for just the two of us. our tour included the the pyramids, the Egyptian museum, lunch on a floating boat and the sound and light show. Cairo is a very rich city of variety of cultures and many things to see. everything was prearranged and scheduled bearing mind the heavy traffic in Cairo which makes it difficult for anyone to plan something ahead. feel free to ask about anything in detail.

regards

terry

hi molly i used nile blue tours for a private excursion for a couple of people, just me and my wife. hazem made a customized tours for just the two of us. our tour included the the pyramids, the Egyptian museum, lunch on a floating boat and the sound and light show. Cairo is a very rich city of variety of cultures and many things to see. everything was prearranged and scheduled bearing mind the heavy traffic in Cairo which makes it difficult for anyone to plan something ahead. feel free to ask about anything in detail.

regards

terry

How much did you pay for your private tour ?

would you please send me the itinerary , i wanna compare it with other one i have from another tour operator

This is the itinerary I had with Nile blue and its cost was 260 $ per person for me and my wife (private tour)

Day 1:

• Meet and assist in the port & transfer to Cairo
  • Visit to Egyptian Museum. & King TUT treasure
  • Visit to the citadel and the alabaster mosque
  • A break for lunch
  • Overnight in your chosen hotel in Cairo
  • If time permits we will offer optional tours (sound and light 30$ per person )

Day2 :

• Meet in the hotel in early morning at 7:00 am
  • Visit to Sakkara step pyramid & tombs
  • Visit to Pyramids and Sphinx at Giza
  • A break for lunch
  • Start driving back to the port

Inclusions

• 1 night in 5 star hotel based on bed and breakfast
  • 2 days Tour in Cairo with private guide.
  • 2 lunches in Cairo during the tour
  • Sights entry fees
  • Free mineral water during the tour on board the vehicle
  • Private A/C Van for all visiting sights.
  • Meet & assist upon arrival.
  • Security during the tour
  • All transfers the port to the port
  • An Egyptology tour guide.

Exclusions

• personal expenses
  • tips for the guide/the drivers /etc
  • beverages in restaurants & hotels
  • entrance to the solar boat / mummy room

regards

terry

This is the itinerary I had with Nile blue and its cost was 260 $ per person for me and my wife (private tour)

Day 1:

• Meet and assist in the port & transfer to Cairo
  • Visit to Egyptian Museum. & King TUT treasure
  • Visit to the citadel and the alabaster mosque
  • A break for lunch
  • Overnight in your chosen hotel in Cairo
  • If time permits we will offer optional tours (sound and light 30$ per person )

Day2 :

• Meet in the hotel in early morning at 7:00 am
  • Visit to Sakkara step pyramid & tombs
  • Visit to Pyramids and Sphinx at Giza
  • A break for lunch
  • Start driving back to the port

Inclusions

• 1 night in 5 star hotel based on bed and breakfast
  • 2 days Tour in Cairo with private guide.
  • 2 lunches in Cairo during the tour
  • Sights entry fees
  • Free mineral water during the tour on board the vehicle
  • Private A/C Van for all visiting sights.
  • Meet & assist upon arrival.
  • Security during the tour
  • All transfers the port to the port
  • An Egyptology tour guide.

Exclusions

• personal expenses
  • tips for the guide/the drivers /etc
  • beverages in restaurants & hotels
  • entrance to the solar boat / mummy room

regards

terry

thx so much , you have been very helpful

• 2 weeks later...

Had a very good personalized tour for four of us. Nile Blue were very professional and our guide and driver were exellent. We drove back to the ship through flooded roads after a heavy storm and had every confidence in our driver. Luckily our tour took place 2 weeks ago.

We had a private van for the two of us for a one day tour from Alexandria conducted by Nile Blue. We saw the Egyptian Museum, then lunch and the Pyramids. We concluded with a little shopping and when we asked to shop for textiles were taken to another store as well. We had a driver, a guide and the owner's wife with us - 3 people. The price was about the same as the ship's tour would have been but we would not have seen both the museum and the pyramids on the ship's tour. I was satisfied all around.

• 4 weeks later...

i will be on board Celebrity Constellation 14 Night Holy Land Cruise. I e.mailed hazem this morning asking for itinerary package for Israel, Egypt and turkey as i want one company to do all for me. hoping the situation in Egypt will be better on November 2011.

my best wishes for the people of Egypt

terry

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the last ship - NCL Jade to land in Alexandria 1/9/11. Nile Blue met us at the pier - we had a wonderful driver Ahmid (which you need in the mad traffic) and excellent personable tour guide - Osama. These two gentlemen took care of our every need and explained anything we needed explained - bathroom ettiquette - giving us the needed coins, stopping wherever we wanted, getting us camel rides, taking our pictures at all times, eating with us etc. We ate at great authentic places - had wonderful food, saw everything we could - went to the pyramids, the night show at the sphinx, museums, got a beautiful rug, cartouches, etc. The hotel we stayed at was very nice - good breakfast - our driver and guide were always there for us. I would highly recommend Nile Blue tours - we would use them again in a heart beat. :o

• 2 weeks later...

Does Blue Nile provide a security guard during the tour regardless of the group size? From the posts here, it seems like they would provide security for big bus group of people and not for the smaller groups. Did anyone in a smaller group have security too? and what is the size of your group? Thanks for sharing!

Does Blue Nile provide a security guard during the tour regardless of the group size? From the posts here, it seems like they would provide security for big bus group of people and not for the smaller groups. Did anyone in a smaller group have security too? and what is the size of your group? Thanks for sharing!

We were there in 2009. We did not have an armed guard for our group of four (and also did not request one or feel the need for one at that time); just a driver and guide. All tours did depart port at the same time, and traveled to Cairo via armed caravan (a requirement of the government at that time).

We were there in 2009. We did not have an armed guard for our group of four (and also did not request one or feel the need for one at that time); just a driver and guide. All tours did depart port at the same time, and traveled to Cairo via armed caravan (a requirement of the government at that time).

Hi Whalewatcher:

Did you travel back to Alexandria via armed caravan too? If not, were you comfortable without security? Don't know if it's a government requirement anymore but if it's required at one time, I would be more comfortable with security than without. Love to hear more about your drive to and from Cairo. Thanks! :)

• 7 months later...

We are cruising on NCL Jade in Nov 2012 and in the process of collecting quotes, comments, recommendations, etc. for our excursions in Egypt. There are mixed comments on the internet regarding Ramses and Nile Blue and for the time being Nile Blue offers a better price (there are 4 of us in the party and Nile Blue offer discount for party >3 but Ramses charges the same for 2-4 persons). I hope I can get more fellow travellers together for the bulk savings but the roll call board is a bit stale at the moment. Thank you for your valuable comments and would be nice if someone recently returned from the trip could give me some insights on what to expect from them.

Edited by dinoman

We used Nile Blue for an overnight tour in September 2011, from the Prisendam, got off in Alexandria and reboarded in Port Said. We were very happy with them, no complaints at all and we were upgraded to the Mena House. But it has been said on these boards that Ramses, and I think Nile Blue and the other companies all use contract guides who may work for several companies. Therefore I think the tour experience is likely to be similar with all companies. Our travel information person on the cruise, who was excellent, said that the standard of tours and guides in Egypt is very high overall, and our guide had amazing knowledge of the history and culture of his country. They all use mini-vans for small groups and when we were in the convoy driving back to Port Said, you could see that even when there were only two people in a group, they were in a van with a driver as well as a guide.

We are cruising on NCL Jade in Nov 2012 and in the process of collecting quotes, comments, recommendations, etc. for our excursions in Egypt. There are mixed comments on the internet regarding Ramses and Nile Blue and for the time being Nile Blue offers a better price (there are 4 of us in the party and Nile Blue offer discount for party >3 but Ramses charges the same for 2-4 persons). I hope I can get more fellow travellers together for the bulk savings but the roll call board is a bit stale at the moment. Thank you for your valuable comments and would be nice if someone recently returned from the trip could give me some insights on what to expect from them.

The rules are that we are not supposed to recommend tour companies without being asked to specifically comment on them. You are asking about Ramses and Nile Blue, which are both well recommended companies on this site. After much communication and research with these two and others, I chose another company for both the economy and the communication they offered, not to mention a great reputation and long history in the business. Take a look at my other posts to see which company. I'd be glad to answer any questions.

I'm glad you asked about Nile Blue--now I can recommend them, and I do so very highly. We were a part of a good-sized Cruise Critic group (as I recall, over 100) who cruised to Egypt on the Jade in December 2010--and we used Nile Blue. I don't know how they made it such a memorable yet personable experience, considering the number of people, but they were just excellent. The guides were valuable and knowledgeable, intelligent and educated, with accents that were easy to understand.

Please remember that Egypt in the winter is COLD!! Even with leather coats and plenty of preparation, we froze our tails watching the light show at the pyramids. Which, I hasten to add, was not worth either the cost or the time. And neither was the included dinner, which was served in a dusty and cold tent. A few lasers on the cliff face, the face of the Sphinx and the pyramids was the extent of it, and I would have much preferred a dinner cruise on the Nile instead, in retrospect.

We were fortunate--all hell broke loose just weeks later in Cairo, as everyone knows. But our time with Nile Blue was a superior experience.

• 3 weeks later...

I also get an error when trying to get to the Nile Blue Tours website. I can find a Nile Blue Excursions, but that is a different company, I believe, and their website says they require a 20% reservation fee, plus it must be paid by wire transfer, no credit cards. This seems to be cumbersome, and rather costly.

Edited by cherylandtk