SAS Transportation? Help please...

taliacamp

Hello, can anyone give me some info on SAS transportation? Will probably be booking a flight to Ft Lauderdale but need to get to Miami port....also do you think that an 11:40 return flight is too early? ...again need to get from Miami port to Ft. Lauderdale airport coming home.....cruising on the Glory on Nov. 14th. Thanks!!:D

You may find the Florida Departure forum more helpful in the FLL to POM department:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

As for SAS transportation, this is their website:

http://www.ridesas.com/

Finally, and I realize this may put me in the minority, I would be uncomfortable booking any flight before noon for a return. I don't have a link, but IIRC, most cruise lines recommend no early flights (either noon or 2pm for a morning arrival). I realize the ship docks early that morning (between 6 and 7 probably), but Customs may be slow to clear the ship, or a myriad of other delays may occur, and then you'll miss your flight. Are there any later flights that could work for you? Wouldn't you rather not have to worry about missing your flight on the last day of your vacation?

You may find the Florida Departure forum more helpful in the FLL to POM department:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

As for SAS transportation, this is their website:

http://www.ridesas.com/

Finally, and I realize this may put me in the minority, I would be uncomfortable booking any flight before noon for a return. I don't have a link, but IIRC, most cruise lines recommend no early flights (either noon or 2pm for a morning arrival). I realize the ship docks early that morning (between 6 and 7 probably), but Customs may be slow to clear the ship, or a myriad of other delays may occur, and then you'll miss your flight. Are there any later flights that could work for you? Wouldn't you rather not have to worry about missing your flight on the last day of your vacation?

Thanks! Well as of right now that is the only nonstop flight from ft lauderdale to providence (my brother-in-law is not a very good flyer and woud prefer a non stop) but as long as i have a nonstop going there I think we'd be good. On my first cruise I wasn't aware of how early we disembark and had to wait at the airport for our 5:00 flight! Ugh! not fun!!:eek:

Finally, and I realize this may put me in the minority, I would be uncomfortable booking any flight before noon for a return.

Yes, we are very pleased with SAS also.

I'm not sure this is a minority view. Like you, I would not book a flight before noon.

I love the comments from some that usually go something like this... "you will have no problem making your 9:30 flight because we did it."

Great you just gave me something else to worry about...i have an 11:30 return flight. I had the option of a 12:53 flight and everyone i talked to said 11:30 is no problem.

Well, on our last cruise, like I said we were at the airport at 9:30 but I guess anything could happen....

Great you just gave me something else to worry about...i have an 11:30 return flight. I had the option of a 12:53 flight and everyone i talked to said 11:30 is no problem.

People might have said sure you probably can make it ... does not mean they would have booked it themselves.

Plus the op is flying out of one airport and going cruising out of another, so his commute to the airport is longer than yours if you are coming and going in the same airport.

Its only a 10 minute cab ride to Port Everglades from the aiport there ..but OP is going out of Miami.

PS my own flight isnt until after 2 pm. .. Im flying into Miami and coming into Miami. I dont want to sweat it.

Hello, can anyone give me some info on SAS transportation? Will probably be booking a flight to Ft Lauderdale but need to get to Miami port....also do you think that an 11:40 return flight is too early? ...again need to get from Miami port to Ft. Lauderdale airport coming home.....cruising on the Glory on Nov. 14th. Thanks!!:D

I'm doing the same thing in October. Carnival's website says that for Port of Miami cruises to book flights after noon. I"m sure they must have a buffer in there and yu are only 20 minutes off of that. I booked for 12:30 as that was the only non-stop that day to my destination. I posted about that and most people said that since FLL is a small airport you get through pretty quickly and they are usually at the airpot by 10ish.

FLL departures are a mixed bag. It's smaller than MIA, but by no means small, there are 5 terminals! The place is SWAMPED on cruise days, with waits to check in with bags and at security.

You will be cutting it close at FLL with 11:30 flight.

FLL departures are a mixed bag. It's smaller than MIA, but by no means small, there are 5 terminals! The place is SWAMPED on cruise days, with waits to check in with bags and at security.

You will be cutting it close at FLL with 11:30 flight.

I second this, FLL was a complete madhouse the saturday I flew out from there. I would much prefer MIA. Plus, SAS was fine for getting to FLL from POM but the pick up was not immediate & we almost had to wait for a later run after getting our luggage out to the curb. Van was chock full by the time we dragged our luggage to it. The van driver told us we would have to wait for another driver, then he changed his mind & he had us squeeze in. (told there was a traffic jam & they wanted to make sure we would make our flight). This was for a flight in the afternoon. Your ship may clear Customs bright & early, but this isn't something you can count on.

Thanks everyone...I still have some time so I'm going to keep looking for a later nonstop return flight. It seems hard this year (and expensive!) to find flights that are in the right time frame. Oh well, I'll keep looking....btw, will definately book SAS, thanks for all of the info:)

Archived