Capri in 3 hours

flgirl543

We have booked a tour with RIL in Naples - Pompeii, Sorrento & Capri. We will have about 3 hours on our own in Capri. Any suggestions on how to plan out the time? What time should we plan to leave Capri in order to get back to port around 5:00pm?

Around 4, or shortly thereafter. A hydrofoil takes 40 minutes and a fast ferry 50 to go from Capri to Molo Beverello in Naples.

May I ask, when you say your tour includes Capri, does someone go with you? It sounds from your question like you are on your own for Capri. If so, does your tour end with a drop off at the ferry port in Sorrento?

Around 4, or shortly thereafter. A hydrofoil takes 40 minutes and a fast ferry 50 to go from Capri to Molo Beverello in Naples.

May I ask, when you say your tour includes Capri, does someone go with you? It sounds from your question like you are on your own for Capri. If so, does your tour end with a drop off at the ferry port in Sorrento?

We are dropped off at the ferry port in Sorrento I believe, but I will confirm with RIL to make sure. We can order a driver in Capri at extra cost, but Jany from RIL advised we don't need a driver in Capri, we can do it on our own. I think this is a relatively new tour offered by RIL and have not been able to find any advise or recommendations about it. http://www.romeinlimo.com/pompeii-sorrento-capri.htm

Thanks, that makes sense. I was wondering about marketing this as including Capri, when in fact all they do is drop you off at the pier in Sorrento, it seems a tad misleading.

But they are right, Capri is quite easy to see on your own, and well worth it.

Thanks, that makes sense. I was wondering about marketing this as including Capri, when in fact all they do is drop you off at the pier in Sorrento, it seems a tad misleading.

But they are right, Capri is quite easy to see on your own, and well worth it.

I guess it kind of misleading, but I did want to see all three areas. Do you have any suggestions on what to see in Capri?

I had thought about trying to do Pompeii and Capri in an eleven hour day. I think I'll opt for just a day at Capri and a boat tour with some snorkeling. We were in Pompeii this summer. We're bringing the kids next summer. Would love to do both but it seems like a stretch to do either justice.

You have to be very cautious when cutting things close on Capri. The only way to get down to the marina where you come and go on the jetboats (or hydrofoils) is via the funicular. If there are a few ships in Naples (this is not unusual) most of the visitors will be trying to get off the island (Capri) between 3:30 and 4:30 which means hundreds of folks all try to get back down on the funiuclar at the same time. The result is not pretty and there can be a long queue at the upper station (Capri Town). So, you really need to think about going back down about 45 min before your boat which means a 3 hour visit is not a long time. In fact, you would really need to limit your visit to just exploring Capri Town and should not even consider going anywhere else on the island.

Hank

We are trying to do both in a day on our own, arriving on a ship. Should we go to Capri or Sorrento in the morning and the other in the afternoon. Which would be easier to get back to the ship on time (6PM).

Archived