Taxi Issues with Hotels

Bambinagirl

Hello, Hubby and I are going to Barcelona next May pre cruise. We are looking to find a great hotel mid range in cost, ( nothing too costly). The area we were told to look at was Placa Catalunia or Las Ramblas. This might be a dumb question, but since these areas are mainly pedestrian. do the taxis actually take you to hotels in those areas. Otherwise what areas should I be looking for hotels. I have to keep in mind long distance walking and carrying luggage is not a good thing when someone has physical problems. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

Connie

Placa Catalunya is a big square with car/bus access,no prob.

I'd look for a hotel close to there either below it or above it.

Taxis can get to hotels right there and on the streets above it with no prob.

Las Ramblas , which runs from Placa Catalunya down towards the harbor IS a pedestrian street BUT there are small lanes for cars on each side of it.

I'd try and stay as close to Placa Catalunya as possible. There are lots of hotels right there and more on the streets above it which are quite nice too!!

It is very hard to judge what the words "not too costly" mean to YOU as everyone is different.

You also don't say what type of lodging you prefer. Some people want modern decor etc. I have been staying lately at the Onix Rambla which is on Rambla Catalunya (NOT the same as Las Ramblas) just above the Placa.

There are many other possibilities.

Plaza Catalunya is a large square which is pedestrian in the centre but surrounded by roads. Las Ramblas is a long street with a pedestrian area in the centre. The vehicles can travel on either side (one-way). Taxis can deliver you right to the hotel door in both places.

A hotel in either Plaza Catalunya or Las Ramblas will have you right in the centre of the "action" and you will enjoy it, unless you are absolutely determined to find peace and quiet.

We loved everything about Barcelona. Have fun. :)

Plaza Catalunya is a large square which is pedestrian in the centre but surrounded by roads. Las Ramblas is a long street with a pedestrian area in the centre. The vehicles can travel on either side (one-way). Taxis can deliver you right to the hotel door in both places.

A hotel in either Plaza Catalunya or Las Ramblas will have you right in the centre of the "action" and you will enjoy it, unless you are absolutely determined to find peace and quiet.

We loved everything about Barcelona. Have fun. :)

I agree with the above. Just there end of May and stayed at Jazz Hotel. Not on the Rambla but maybe a 3 minute walk to get there. Nearby is a Starbucks and this hotel is right at the Universitat Metro stop.

We loved it, it is pretty new (about 5 or 6 years old), very modern decor and as rates go, I paid between $120-$130 euro. When I was doing planning last year, most hotels didn't post their new rates until shortly after the new year. Go to Trip Advisor and there will usually be a range of costs along with reviews for all the hotels which will help you narrow your search. Most hotels allow you to book and if the price of your room drops lower, call and you'll get the lower price. You'll have a blast!

We stayed at Hotel Olivia right beside the Hard Rock and at Placa Catalunia, just a few minutes walk from the Metro, HOHO, and a line of waiting taxis. Couldn't have been more convenient. Hotel was nice, modern, free internet, but no breakfast. http://www.oliviahotels.es/

Enjoy Barcelona

thank you everyone for your information. We are looking for about 250.00 Canadian per night. I will continue to look at the Placa Catalunia area. Thanks again.

Archived