What to do in Civi?

GailnBrad

We have been there several times and in Aprl we decided to just say in the port and walk around the town. We had a wonderful time. There is a beautiful catholic church a block or so from the entrance to the pier. We walked over there and over to the big outdoor market they have and to the train station and along the beach area and up and down many of the streets. It is a larger town than one originally realizes and we just enjoyed a spending the day in town.

Keith

I agree with Keith, it's a really nice place to wander around. We loved the market which is huge and vibrant (and local, rather than aimed at tourists). They're doing a lot of work on the promenade too, which should make it even more attractive in the future.

We have one day after our cruise in Civi...I think we will be super tired and dont want to travel into Rome for just a few hours. Is there anything to do in Civi for the one day?

Hop a local bus and go to Tarquinia (about 30 min away.) Click here for an intro. Click here for directions on how/where to catch the bus.

Others were right about the local market. Neat place to wander around.

Awesome web page GPSLover.

Do you recall how long the bus ride to Tarquinia was, and how often the bus runs?

As I recall it was about a 20-30 minute ride. Buses are fairly frequent (30-40 minutes.) We will be doing it again on Oct 1st. Hopefully this time it won't be overcast and wet.

GPS-

You consider 30-40 minutes "fairly frequent"? There would be a revolt in NYC if the buses were on that kind of schedule. Just joshing with you. Thanks for the info.

Considering that it is to a small town in Italy, yes, it is fairy frequent. Have to keep in mind that I lived in Italy for three years and understand how things work (or don't). Anyway, glad to be of assistance.

Archived