Bottled water

Jamie.RN

When ordering water in the main dining room, do they serve bottled water or is it water from the ship's desalted "tap?"

Also, if I want bottled water at the Lido buffet, do they offer it there?

(I'll be on the Triumph.)

When ordering water in the main dining room, do they serve bottled water or is it water from the ship's desalted "tap?"

Also, if I want bottled water at the Lido buffet, do they offer it there? No, bottled water can be purchased at any bar, and in your cabin you'll find a bottle or two for sale, which will be replenished as used.

You can carry on (or check it in for delivery with your luggage) bottled water at the start of your trip. We do, as it's very expensive on the ship.

You can carry on (or check it in for delivery with your luggage) bottled water at the start of your trip. We do, as it's very expensive on the ship.

You can no longer take anything in your checked luggage. You must carry on water or soda now, 12 bottles/cans per person.

Bill

Yes, Bob, I'm serious. I realize that they will gladly sell bottled water to me, but I needed to know if I need to bring one with me to dinner and lunch and if I needed to stop at a bar before meals to pick up a bottle. I am on sodium restrictions and from reading these boards, I understand that the ships desalted water still has a fair amount of sodium.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, Bob, I'm serious. I realize that they will gladly sell bottled water to me, but I needed to know if I need to bring one with me to dinner and lunch and if I needed to stop at a bar before meals to pick up a bottle. I am on sodium restrictions and from reading these boards, I understand that the ships desalted water still has a fair amount of sodium.

Thanks for the replies.

Just out of curiousity...how would someone know if it's the water that has sodium in it or the food that's cooked with an abundance of it:confused:

I always bring small bottles of water with me and always seem to retain fluids. So for me it's definitely not due to the water.

I can tell you.. I bring a 24 of water all the way from Canada every cruise doesn't matter the cruise line.. I have been taken down to the " naughty" room for it and told several security guards that " unless they can guarantee me that the water on the ship is 100% salt free I am taking my case of water with me" none have them have stopped me from taking water on..I work things out with my PVP when I book that I am on a salt restricted diet and my food is not to be cooked with salt or seasoned with salt..They bring me the menu the night before and I have done just fine..The only place where I have no control over what gets in to the food is the lido and if I'm in the MDR for lunch or breakfast then I have to special order. Go for it bring water on board. I get the cabin attendant to empty to contents of the fridge in the room and put my water in there..

from a retired Army Medic..

good on ya.. we are bringing a 24 on with us in Feb 2011...Like an Amex Card .. I don't leave home without it...

cheers..

I usually drink a large bottle of water each day from my cabin, I believe they are $3.50 plus service charge each. The 12 oz bottles from the bars or MDR are about $2.00?

Also, if I want bottled water at the Lido buffet, do they offer it there?

MDR from desalted tap.

You can order bottled water from one of the bar waiters walking around in the MDR

At the LIDO you have to order it at one of the bar's on this deck. Cannot recall seeing waiters walking inside the dining room on the Lido deck. But on the other hand I never ordered anything when I was sitting inside

We are taking them on a cruise next month but you can use them anywhere. Since it uses a filter similar to what Brita or PUR use it should make the water taste roughly the same and I use those at home all of the time. I believe the water on the ship is fine just bad taste from what I am used to. Now I wouln't drink any water in port without filtering it first. Read some reviews on them stating that a guy filled a bottle with muddy water out of a creek and drank it, Said it tasted fine and he did not get sick.

Archived