Stateroom 6090

Tutuma

Just curious...does any one have the exact dimensions of the verandah in Nautica's Stateroom 6090?

We stayed in 6093 on Nautica. And though I don't have the exact dimensions - width I believe is the same as a standard balcony. Depth is 3 to 4 times as deep as a standard. It's several steps to the railing... :D

Joe

I don't know the exact dimensions but having been in that cabin on 2 cruises I can tell you that it feels huge. However the deck furniture on that balcony is the same that is on any other B1 balcony -- unfortunately no lounge chairs or larger dining table even though there is ample room for them. Also be aware that the rear wall is solid steel, not a typical railing.

:)

Just curious...does any one have the exact dimensions of the verandah in Nautica's Stateroom 6090?

I have had cabin 6090 and 6093.The view is spectacular of sun rises and sunsets.It is the best value on the ship.The verandah is deeper than others,and you will love it.

Can you request lounge chairs or extra dining chairs of larger table for this area?

In this photo, the combined verandas of 6090 and 6093 can be seen just above the name of the ship.

In the very center of the stern of the ship (and of that veranda opening), you can just barely make out the divider that seperates the two veranda

2974450425_e81e744ed0.jpg

Each of those two veranda are deep (maybe 12 feet) but only as wide as a standard cabin (10 feet-ish).

plan_ren_cabin_d_balcony.jpg

You'll find your veranda already equipped with two upright chairs and a coffee table height side table when you board. (this photo is from a totally different cabin and is shown here only to illustrate the furniture)

There would be room for one additional lounge chair, or perhaps two if you swapped out the upright chairs.

There might be room for a larger table, but those are usually promised to the Penthouses before the standards get onboard. You'll need a good cabin steward and a lot of luck to score one of those!

Enjoy your cruise, and those stunning wake views!

cruise08_ships_wake.jpg

We have sailed in 6093 on the Nautica and Insignia. There is room for two lounges facing out to sea, but putting in a larger table would be pushing it, as the width of the veranda is no different from any of the other catagory staterooms.

We just got off Regatta, state room 6090. While we did not measure the depth of the balcony, the usable depth is probably 50 to 60% more than a standard balcony. This makes a big difference in the usability of the balcony and we enjoyed having the extra space, after sailing many cruises with a standard size balcony. We did occasionally experience some vibration in the cabin but did not find it objectionable.

We just got off Regatta, state room 6090. While we did not measure the depth of the balcony, the usable depth is probably 50 to 60% more than a standard balcony. This makes a big difference in the usability of the balcony and we enjoyed having the extra space, after sailing many cruises with a standard size balcony. We did occasionally experience some vibration in the cabin but did not find it objectionable.

OK, this is the second thread I have read tonight about veranda size, so I clearly and respectfully do not understand the point. Other than the suites' inhabitants having parties/guests, what exactly do you mean by "a big difference in the usability of the balcony", particularly if the furnishings are the same size as those on the regular ones?

OK, this is the second thread I have read tonight about veranda size, so I clearly and respectfully do not understand the point. Other than the suites' inhabitants having parties/guests, what exactly do you mean by "a big difference in the usability of the balcony", particularly if the furnishings are the same size as those on the regular ones?

The standard size balconies have 2 chairs and a small table and are OK for sitting or reading but do not have much extra room. The balconies on the back of the ship have the same furniture but you have much more room around the furniture. Several people, for example, could stand on the balcony at once without being crowded. The difference is between having barely enough room and having very comfortable room.

The larger verandah area accomodates several people comfortably. If you travel with a group, or fortunate to meet new friends, it is an excellent gathering place. We used it often for pre-dinner cocktails! The other big plus (since we are in a standard size stateroom on a 35 day cruise) is visually. For us it creates the feeling of a much larger stateroom.

Of course, 6090 and 6093 are sandwiched between the two owner's suites, so if you make friends with those occupants, you can have a really big party - your whole cabin can fit in their closet (only slightly kidding).

• 4 months later...

We just got back from Transatlantic.

The extra large balcony is wonderful (size about 3x normal), but I really missed the view that you get on a side of the ship. I do love to watch the wake as it is formed, the waves splashing on the side and looking for dolphins, whales and other vessels.

Plus, you do get any soot fallout that may be from the smokestack and some odor.

If offered as an upgrade again, I would turn it down and I would not buy it.

Just my opinion........ :eek:

Carol

Did you mean 7121? If so, it is a great upgrade - the balcony will be about as big as 6090 and you will have the added benefit of Concierge level - twice as many specialty restaurant reservations. If you meant 7021, as written, you will still have Concierge, but you will be more towards the front of the ship and lose the aft view.

Archived