Dinner seating??

Mommaof2

We are going on the Millennium in October and have a group of 11, will there be a table in the MDR for all of us to sit together? Is there something I should do to see that this is possible?

Thx

Tina:):)

Hi Tina:), you will probably get all sort of replies but here is my opinion.

First, they do have the ocassional 12 top but it really is a BIG OVAL.

You can't really converse with anyone except the folks on each side

of you.

I would suggest 2 6 tops, next to one another and you could have the

same waiter for each table. If you booked directly with Celebrity I would

call them back and put that request in with them. If you booked with

a TA, have them do it. You can also link all your bookings so everyone

is together. And once you get on the ship? Go see the Maitr'd to

confirm it. They are set up outside of the dining room during the

afternoon.

I just think 2 tables is easier but you will probably get others who

say differently;)

I have 2 friends on your sailing. Hope you have a great cruise:D

I concur. I was just in a group of 11 and it was hard to have any decent conversations. In order for groups to sit together you have to "link" your bookings. You have to be listed on their booking AND they have to be listed on yours. They do have tables for 11 if you decide to sit all at one table.

On our recent Eclipse cruise we had two table 'issues'. In the MDR a group of 8 of us from CC had linked reservations to get an 8 table. Checked with the maitre d' when we got on board and had 4 2 seaters!! He said to leave it with him. First night had 2 4's (m d' said they had not had time to sort it out first night), but after that we had our table of 8 sorted. In Tuscan Grille 10 of us had booked as we wanted a 10 table for one night. We all booked in 2's and 4's online just to get the booking time and after our CC sailaway those involved went and saw the TG maitre d'. He said to leave it with him and sure enough he came up trumps with a 10 table overlooking the stern (great view!). Moral of the story from my point of view...as soon as you can, go and see the maitre d'. Plead your case tell them your problem and they will do their best. The earlier you do it the more table space they have to play with.

Simon

We have done 3 family cruises of 15 or 16. So obviously we couldn't all sit togther ...but found the two tables of 8 so much nicer. We rotated nightly so we all had quality dinner time with each other. Different age groups mixed in made for fun and interesting dinners. And Grandma appreciated being able to hear and be included in all the conversations at the smaller tables. She often would get lost with all the background noise.;)

I just returned from a cruise on the Infinity. I spent almost two hours tracking down the Maitra d', however, once I found him he was very accomodating. He just said "Yes, no problem". He gave us two tables next to each other. A table for 10 and a table for 5.

InsteaD OF MAKING MORE CHANGES, WE JUST ADDED A CHAIR TO THE SMALLER TABLE.

We had 15 in our extened family group. We had six children that always begged to sit at their own table. This was a perfect situation for them to sit right next to the adults and yet have their own table. It worked out so well, because the kids had a different, younger waiter. He loved the kids (ages 9-17), and was so nice to them. The children loved dinner time because of the wonderful service they received. One night, the waiter told my daughter to sit and let him cut the steak, for the little girl. During our evening in Skagway, we got back too late for dinner and the two waiters were really disappointed that the kids missed dinner that evening. At the end of the cruise we tipped the two wonderful guys generously.

Archived