Posh H2O

mikeybee

Wow. I really wish more parents were like you! :D

And my guess is because you are so honest and upfront with your kids, and also seem to set rules for them, I am betting they are the type of kids that are a dream to be around, even to me as an adult with no kids.

It astounds me to see so many parents blatantly ignore the rules or act as if the rules do not apply to them.

I most likely will avoid the White Hot Party because I have heard it really is pretty lame. And to be quite honest, as a 38-year old childless adult, I personally do not feel comfortable getting drunk at a dance party with kids around. And yes, I do plan to get drunk because I work my butt off everyday and I cannot wait to let loose on vacation with my group of childless adult friends. The last thing I want to do is be dancing drunk and accidentally bump into some kid that I didn't see, or have a kid overhear me telling a dirty joke or saying a curse word to my friends (hey, I am no trash mouth, but I openly admit I do say the occasional cuss word when I am drunk. It happens.) :o

You sound like an amazing parent. You seem to take complete, 100% responsibility for your kids, which is something so many parents do not do. I have seen posts on here by parents who say they WILL let their non-potty trained infant into the pool. I have seen posts on here by parents who say they WILL bring their kids into the bar areas at night. I have seen posts on here by parents who say they WILL try to allow their kids to hang out with them at Spice H2O. It's such a shame that in doing this, they essentially are being something FAR from a parent. They are being selfish, inconsiderate examples for their children, and it's no wonder so many children today are equally selfish and inconsiderate since they learn such behavior from their parents.

Someone made a crack at me because I said I would report any infant in the water who was wearing those gross swimmie diapers, and also said I will not hesitate to report any kids trying to enter Spice. We ALL paid our fair share to be on this cruise, and in paying as much as we all did, we all should work towards respecting each other and the rules that are set into place. I plan to avoid the Kids Zone at all costs, and I hope kids avoid the adults only areas as well. It just ain't right for them to be there!

Thank you again for being an awesome parent. As a former teacher, I can honestly say you are one of the few that truly understands and respects the incredible responsibility of being a parent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kudos!!!!!!!!!:D

P.S., Funny story on my last vacation.....my friend and I were in an all-inclusive resort. We were at the bar one night, maybe around 10pm. We were drinking, talking, laughing, and playing this trivia game they had on the tv's. She got a question wrong that she swore she had right, and jokingly said to her......"You dumb bitch, you made me answer wrong!!!!"....Well this father came over to me SCREAMING, saying his kid overheard me say "bitch", and told me I need to control my mouth AND my drinking. His kid looked to be about 10 years old, and the poor thing was half asleep on the bar.

In MY opinion, a kid should NEVER be allowed to sit at a "bar", especially not at 10pm at night. Oh, and the dad reeked of vodka. Needless to say, after he stormed away from me, ordered another beer, and ignored his poor kid half asleep on a BAR, I proceeded to order a really strong martini, and my friend and I started calling each other as many words as we could that rhymed with bitch. Haha. Witch, Twitch, Itch, Stitch, Ditch, Glitch, etc.......VERY loud. They weren't cuss words, it made us laugh hysterically the entire time, and I think annoyed him to the point where (thankfully) he & his kid left. ***** is a man doing in a BAR, drinking while his kid is obviously wanting to sleep at 10pm at night????????

Thank you so much. My goal is to send an adult out into the world someday that is well rounded, well mannered, respectful, and confident, so it's my responsibility to ensure that she learns now how to fulfil those expectations. My husband and I made that commitment before we even started trying to be parents, and we take it seriously. Fortunately for us, we both have great parents - heck, we like mine well enough to bring her along on cruises with us! :p

I LOVE your story, and I would have loved to join in on the '*itch session'! :p

Ha ha no kidding. And I also hope the adults like the ones we saw on our last cruise keep their drunk puking to the adult only spaces rather than onto the pool deck area. :eek:

Honestly I think most good parents know what to do with their kids as far as not breaking the rules, etc. You will always have group of kids who act up as well as adults who are completely out of control. It is everyone's vacation and everyone needs to have respect for their other passengers. Unfortunately with 4000+ passengers on board not everyone is going to do the right thing.

I hope if they're on our cruise they keep it to their cabins!! How revolting!! You've really nailed it all on the head - it's all about respect, and age alone is never the issue. :)

• 2 weeks later...
That is not the case. Posh like Spice is an adults only space as it stands right now. Stay tuned as the descriptions on NCL.com continue to change with the details now missing.

"POSH Beach Club, a first of its kind beach club at sea that offers an exclusive, adults-only setting at the top of the ship;"

I read one of the initial descriptions of Posh before the ship build and it stated there was a waterfall to keep cool in. Folks who have been on the ship say that Posh has no pool or waterfall. Wonder if that was one of the design changes NCL made while the ship was under construction.

The waterfall idea sounded wonderful and it's too bad that idea was scrapped. Folks claim it is very hot during the day with no shade or any water feature at all and the area is underutilized.

Archived