Convincing family members

Mysteryreader

To the OP: have you considered an all-inclusive land vacation? I have never done one, but I understand that the good ones are very good, and they are similar to cruising in that there are lots of activities, a kids' club, and a chance to spend some time together and some apart. Just a thought if your DIL remains set against a cruise....

Disney World might be another possibility, lots of things to do for different ages. My DH and I went there on a short vacation last year, first time by ourselves now that the kids are older, and I was surprised how much we enjoyed it and how much there was adult- themed (guess we just never noticed it when we were standing in line for Dumbo and such.)

Head to an all inclusive in the Riviera Maya ( south of Cancun). THere are many beautiful resorts and there will be lots of water activities as well as excursions to ruins or Xcaret, the huge nature park.

That is if you decide to honor the DIL's wishes. If you still see disharmony among the others because the dil is being given the power of veto over you and them, be ready for more conflict. :rolleyes:

My mom took my family on 3 cruises. There were 15-17 people in each group. There is one female in-law who had definite ideas re the itinerary she wanted because she had cruised most of the ports already and diddn't want to repeat. Said she wouldn't go if it wasn't her choice. (We all thought, "fine, don't come." ) Becasue she was always a "difficult" person, my mom bowed to her choice to keep peace with her. Of course we were all happy that we still cruised and had a great time. But...it didn't help her standing in the family.:(

Archived