Just a Suggestion

I know this suggestion was made before and it really doesn't concern me personally. I am not booking the Veendam. But, I notice today there are several new threads asking about A/C in individual cabins. Folks, these threads are going to be basically useless. They will drop down the pgs quicklyly never to be seen again. You want a general thread that additional room #s can be added to as time goes by where all responses about A/C in many rooms will be given on an updated basis. That kind of thread won't get lost as easily. Who's going to get off Veendam and search pg after pg after pg to see if anyone asked about the cabin they just vacated? No one, that's who.

Exactly. We have cruised so many ships so many times and repeated those ships time and again. On one cruise on a given ship, we might hear there are a/c problems on Promenade Deck aft. Next cruise we might hear, same ship, air conditioning issues on Navigation Deck forward. We have been in the same cabin, back-to-back and for 6 days the a/c may have been fine and suddenly day 7 it isn't functioning well. After reporting it, it could be fixed by the end of the same day or on the next day. Then again, on our last day, we might notice it's hot in the cabin again. If it isn't consistent one cruise to the next or even throughout one seven day cruise, how can a lengthy thread posting my cabin had great air on August 15, 2010 cruise mean a darn thing at the end of September? Or, for that matter, might not mean a thing the next week.

Air conditioning is mechanical and they break, they get fixed, they break.

I totally agree it is unacceptable to be in a tropical location and not have reliable, functioning air conditioning. I am not looking for 70 degrees in my cabin but I do expect and require for my health and comfort a reliable 78 degrees.

Nothing ventured, nothing gain. Keeping track of cabins with problems may prove nothing. Either not enough participants in the survey, CC is a tiny percentage of overall cruisers, or possibly these problems are random with no pattern. Or it possibly might show there is indeed an overall pattern of areas of the ship where the A/C system fails. Not necessarly that one cabin is always hot, but that a particular area of the ship is prone to problems and a fix patches it but is only temporary.

What can it hurt to see what tracking the problem shows, if anything? :confused:

Plus, just because the A/C in a particular cabin is/is not working this cruise does not mean it will/won't be working next cruise ... or 6 months from now.

This isn't necessarily true and I have to question why a few posters keep insisting that it is. Where is it written that it "moves around"? Maybe it does, but only HAL would know that from their records and as far as I know, they have not divulged that information to any of us.

And how could we possibly know if we don't even try to see if there's any continuity, consistency, trend to a particular area of the ship or specific cabins?

And why, if I may ask, are some so terribly against doing this when it is about the only avenue we have? HAL has refused to acknowledge the problem so right now it's just a throw of the dice ... maybe you'll get lucky, maybe you won't.

HAL isn't going to be thrown out of whack with this. The number of people here on CC who cruise on HAL is minute in comparison to the thousands getting on and off HAL ships every week.

But if it possible to find out if the same cabin numbers come up all the time, where is the harm? I fail to see any.

If you want to tune out, tune out ... easy to do; just ignore the thread:).

Archived