Which Royal Caribean Line for 2 yr old? Confused!

damngoodcook

I see Freedom of the Seas and Oasis having a lot of kid activities but our son will not be playing in any of those, so I am thinking whether it is worth paying that much to go on a ship which is more geared towards kids acivities which we will not be using? Is there a line of cruise which has the Kids Tot program and which is fairly family friendly and good for adults and also has in-room baby sitting which we can use?

In short I think I am asking for a decent priced toddler friendly cruise rather than older kid cruise

Sorry if I am asking for too much. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

RCI really doesn't have much for the under-3 crowd....except for Oasis (at this time).

Carnival accepts 2 year olds into their kid's club, but I don't know about the in-cabin babysitting. RCI does offer that.

Disney is quite "young kid" friendly, but can be expensive!

I'd just pick the trip that suits you...a 2 year old really won't care where they are, as long as the parents are happy!

RCI really doesn't have much for the under-3 crowd....except for Oasis (at this time).

Carnival accepts 2 year olds into their kid's club, but I don't know about the in-cabin babysitting. RCI does offer that.

Disney is quite "young kid" friendly, but can be expensive!

I'd just pick the trip that suits you...a 2 year old really won't care where they are, as long as the parents are happy!

There are others on this board with more specifics, but depending on when you are sailing Freedom will have the same amenities that Oasis currently has. They announced when it would be available but since I am past that stage myself didn't make note of the timing. There are also other ships that will have the same added as well.

I think much of what you ask has to do with whether or not you plan to have your 2-year old use one of the ship's pools. If your 2-year old is not "potty-trained", only a FEW ships will allow swim diapers in designated pools. Cruisinmama06 can give you all the details! She can also advise you of babysitting details. Happy cruising!

If you plan on using child care with a two year old who is not potty trained, for me the only choice is Carnival.

If your two year old is potty trained then I would say NCL or Carnival.

The Oasis will be cheaper next year when your child turns three and they will still have the same great programs.

If you are looking for value, try Carnival - your 2YO can use Camp Carnival and they change diapers. Their also run camp to 3AM, so if you child is okay with the whole CC thing, you'll have plenty of adult time. Choose a ship with Waterworks. Although they can't go in the pool, they'll be able to play at Waterworks.

Like Imsulin said -- there are only two cruise lines that have ships that have water play areas for non-potty trained children. That would be Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Independence of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Allure of the Seas and Disney Magic, Disney Wonder and Disney Dream.

On those ships, there are also nursery areas - added babysitting fees apply. Some of those ships won't be fitted with nurseries until Winter of 2011 (Freedom of the Seas/Liberty of the Seas -- haven't heard about Independence yet)

If your son will be potty trained or if water areas that he can go in aren't important to you - then go with NCL or Carnival. Their kids clubs start at age 2. They change diapers on Carnival. They page you for diaper changes on NCL. And they generally are cheaper for the 3/4 rate than RCI or Disney. It just depends on the ship.

OP mentioned s/he wanted in-room babysitting, which is not available on Carnival. I think it is offered on RCI, not sure about NCL or Disney... maybe others know for sure?

In room sitting may not be available on those RCI ships once they "upgrade" to the nurseries. Does that make sense?

And yes, you are exactly right :), there is no in cabin baby sitting on Disney, Carnival or NCL. It seems like everyone is moving toward group sitting.

Archived