An almost 3 year old on a Mediterranean cruise

smfine

We are considering cruising next July on a Mediterranean cruise with my daughter who won't be three until September. I know the Youth program doesn't accept children until they are three years of age. Are there babysitters or nannies available for children under the age of three?

We are considering cruising next July on a Mediterranean cruise with my daughter who won't be three until September. I know the Youth program doesn't accept children until they are three years of age. Are there babysitters or nannies available for children under the age of three?

No, only the kids program. So, you would have her with you 24/7, unless you brought a relative along to babysit. There are some shows that she would not be allowed to attend, as well. If she is still in diapers then she would not be allowed to use any of the pools. Sorry, if I'm sounding negative, just trying to point out a few facts.

Have you thought about a shorter Disney cruise with your little one? I think you may find their services will cater to your DD's needs a bit more at this time in her life!

We had the cutest 2 1/2 yo on our Baltic cruise. She was just a typical, squiggly, wiggly toddler. Unfortunately she had her moments, like most little children do. The poor parents looks so tired and frustrated, and some folk would glare at them and the child. And then the parents would try to apologize (for what??? Their daughter was being two) and then they would leave, presumably to their cabin. And no, Princess does not offer any type of child care for under 3 set.

I saw them around the ship many times on the cruise and by the end of the 10 vacations, they both looked exhausted.

I hope you can find a great vacation that will suit all of you. Good luck!

Celebrity has in cabin babysitting available, and the pricing on Celebrity's Med cruises seems very competitive to me compared to Princess. You may want to check into that. Also if you are taking your 2 year old on tours with you, consider private tours. They can be more cost effective (depending on the number of people involved) and more relaxing for you and your little one than climbing on a tour bus of 50 people.

There are several posters on the Family Cruises board who have taken toddlers on European cruises. You might want to post there, too. Just be patient because that board doesn't move as fast as this one, so it make take several days to get responses. Good luck.

Search the family board there are threads about bringing small kids.

I'll sum it up. European cruise is all about ports and busy and long days for many. It stresses the patience and endurance of the best of us not to mention the additional challenges for any child and for a toddler and parent got to wonder if its really better to consider ai different vacation for the time being. Or if parents got to see europe then one must consider the tradeoffs and cost and ask was it worth it. Or I guess one can simply leave the kid at home as if you are going to leave them on the ship and you are in port 10/12 days its esentially the same thing.

The thread if I remembered several chimed in it was the right/only time and it worked out. Everyone has to decide for themselves.

I can say I did all private and I wouldn't want to subject my 2 year old to that or myself. I agree much better then a bus with 40 other people. I'd instead choose a beach or other relaxing vacation somewhere versus Med and save that for when my kids were older.

Celebrity has in cabin babysitting available, and the pricing on Celebrity's Med cruises seems very competitive to me compared to Princess. You may want to check into that. Also if you are taking your 2 year old on tours with you, consider private tours. They can be more cost effective (depending on the number of people involved) and more relaxing for you and your little one than climbing on a tour bus of 50 people.

There are several posters on the Family Cruises board who have taken toddlers on European cruises. You might want to post there, too. Just be patient because that board doesn't move as fast as this one, so it make take several days to get responses. Good luck.

Have you thought about a shorter Disney cruise with your little one? I think you may find their services will cater to your DD's needs a bit more at this time in her life!

We had the cutest 2 1/2 yo on our Baltic cruise. She was just a typical, squiggly, wiggly toddler. Unfortunately she had her moments, like most little children do. The poor parents looks so tired and frustrated, and some folk would glare at them and the child. And then the parents would try to apologize (for what??? Their daughter was being two) and then they would leave, presumably to their cabin. And no, Princess does not offer any type of child care for under 3 set.

I saw them around the ship many times on the cruise and by the end of the 10 vacations, they both looked exhausted.

I hope you can find a great vacation that will suit all of you. Good luck!

Lol bet Princess took advantage of Future sailings with that family lol.

Archived