Victoria Taxi ??

Hi Cruise Friends!

We are going to be in Victoria on the Infinity next week for the infamous 7pm to 12am port time.

Because the time is so short we have decided to "bag" the Butchart Gardens and just sight see in town. My question is; are there taxi's waiting at the port when we dock? There are 4 of us girls and I figure it would be less to take a taxi than the shuttle.

Thanks so much!

Oh and have a PS: Do you think that is the best thing to do while there?? Or would it be better to do some sort of tour around the City??

AKA could be walk around and see most of it??

Thanks!

There are many things to do in Victoria but the Butchart Gardens are world class. There will be lots of cabs at the Ogden Point terminal and it will be about a $50 cab fare in either direction. However as the gardens are about 35/40 mins from the pier you want to be calling a cab plenty early to get back to your ship.

Hi Cruise Friends!

We are going to be in Victoria on the Infinity next week for the infamous 7pm to 12am port time.

Because the time is so short we have decided to "bag" the Butchart Gardens and just sight see in town. My question is; are there taxi's waiting at the port when we dock? There are 4 of us girls and I figure it would be less to take a taxi than the shuttle.

Thanks so much!

it's actually a shortish walk from the cruise terminal to downtown (about 1 mile), so a cab fare is typically $7ish. Just note a lot of cabs in Victoria & Vancouver are small cars (Toyota Prius and Corollas); so you might have to wait for something bigger, but they do exist.

Putterdude, OP said they are not going to the Gardens.

OP, Victoria is beautiful and you will enjoy looking around downtown. If you haven't done so already, I'd suggest using the "Search this forum" function back on the main page (about 1/2 way on the right hand side). Type "Victoria" and you'll pull up many threads on Victoria and what is suggested for these few short hours in port.

Have fun. :)

Archived