19 decks to learb about, how about some secrets, and tips and...

2010_cruisers

Heads up! We were just on the Epic and in O'Sheehan's they sell pitchers of beer for $15.81 including gratuity. Any beer. We always drank Newcastle, but our receipts showed them ringing up whatever brand they seemed to feel like. These are full size pitchers, too! 2 large drafts (22 oz) were $13.69 with gratuity.

hulakaren said

Yes, that is the point. Basically you can get 64 ounces of beer for about $2 more than 44 oz of beer. Granted that would be nicer if your gf drank beer, but maybe if you meet some people on the cruise you can split it with your new friends. We did! We went to the meet and greet and had a blast with everyone from there.

HOLA HOLLA y'all. In 4 days I will be on this great ship and I will come back with my review.Thank you EVERYONE - old and new, for any controbuti0ons, rebuttals, changes and clarifications for the tips. I am hearing that many versions of this went out and it has even grown to 7-8 pages for some people. We have all become TIPZILLA's!...WOW.

So, again from the bottom of my heart to your thank you and please keep sharing. Bon voyage everyone1

:):):)

I hope you have a fabulous cruise. You do realise that we all expect you to try and test out each one of these tips and hints, dont you? ;) Especially the 64oz beer pitcher!! :D

Have a great time and we all look forward to hearing a few more tips from you when you get back. :)

Bon Voyage

• 2 weeks later...

re: EPIC - NCL Shore Excursions

** If it looks too good to be true it may be, ok...plus

*** Be aware that the quoted prices on the TV and a confirmation from the staff does not mean that the price is correct. The only correct price is the one on the computers at the excursion desk.

:)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
:D Any other good tips or secrets? This is my 10th cruise and first time on NCL. How is the gay scene? How is the spa?

Leaving Miami March 5 for the Western Caribbean. Anyone else (gay) on my sailing?

Please go to your roll call for your sailing date to find out. They do have Friends of Dorothy that meet up every evening in the jazz club.

:D Any other good tips or secrets? This is my 10th cruise and first time on NCL. How is the gay scene? How is the spa?

Leaving Miami March 5 for the Western Caribbean. Anyone else (gay) on my sailing?

I was wondering the same thing about the gay scene. I don't know about NCL but I know a lot of other ships the Friends of Dorothy meetings, either nobody shows up or they're inconvenient. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW - This thread has got to be the most useful thread I've seen on cruise critic. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

I was wondering the same thing about the gay scene. I don't know about NCL but I know a lot of other ships the Friends of Dorothy meetings, either nobody shows up or they're inconvenient. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW - This thread has got to be the most useful thread I've seen on cruise critic. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

On the Spirit, two weeks ago, there were about 10 regulars who came to the FOD meetings. In our experience they're USUALLY well attended.

• 1 month later...

Just adding a post to reactivate this thread which is awesome for people who will be sailing on the Epic for the first time.

Go back a page (or two) to the most current list of Alphabetical tips for the Epic. It's a great list compiled over many months by many different travelers.

I disagree with a few tips, one of which is that children should not attend the Cirque Dreams show or the Magician's show. My kids loved BOTH shows! Cirque Dreams was their favorite show of the entire cruise. And the food was good, contrary to what others have said!

Enjoy!

• 2 months later...

I would like to see a list of FREE (included in ticket price) and EXTRA CHARGE restaurants and cafes and EXTRA CHARGE onboard activities and entertainment. That would help all cruisers to avoid "sticker shock" at the end of the cruise when the final bill is presented.

I have listed a few below as picked up from others comments, but I have not yet cruised on Epic so I can not verify their accuracy. Those who have experienced Epic, please make corrections and additions.

We know that we have to budget $12 per day, per person for gratuities.

RESTAURANTS:

Included in ticket price:

Taste

Atrium Cafe (except specialty coffees)

Garden Cafe

O'Sheehans (milkshakes extra)

Spice H2O has empanadas and other munchies

Extra charge:

Cagney's

Le Bistro

Moderno

Pizza delivery ~ $5

ACTIVITIES:

Extra charge:

Bowling at BLISS ~ $5 per person / per game

Cirque show and dinner ~ $20 balcony seating

Murder Mystery Lunch

POSH sun bathing area ~ $15 per day

This is all SO useful - on EPIC in August and will definitely print out the full list. Come on all you EPIC veterans, any more useful info?? or comments on the post above about which activities / areas are free and which incur charges? Also, any hints / tips about the kids club and activities? Thank you in anticipation ...:)

I would like to see a list of FREE (included in ticket price) and EXTRA CHARGE restaurants and cafes and EXTRA CHARGE onboard activities and entertainment. That would help all cruisers to avoid "sticker shock" at the end of the cruise when the final bill is presented.

I have listed a few below as picked up from others comments, but I have not yet cruised on Epic so I can not verify their accuracy. Those who have experienced Epic, please make corrections and additions.

We know that we have to budget $12 per day, per person for gratuities.

RESTAURANTS:

Included in ticket price:

Taste

Atrium Cafe (except specialty coffees)

Garden Cafe

O'Sheehans (milkshakes extra)

Spice H2O has empanadas and other munchies

The Manhattan Room

Extra charge:

Cagney's

Le Bistro

Moderno

Pizza delivery ~ $5

Wasabi Sushi Bar

Shanghai's Chinese & Noodle Bar

Teppanyaki

La Cucina

ACTIVITIES:

Extra charge:

Bowling at BLISS ~ $5 per person / per game

Cirque show and dinner ~ $20 balcony seating

Murder Mystery Lunch

POSH sun bathing area ~ $15 per day

I am sure all of these are posted somewhere in this thread, but who want's to look at every page to find them!

Edited by iceman2a

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...