Who to book El Yunque tour with?

Pshkbb

Hi guys -

we have very little time to book a tour as I thought I had booked something but never confirmed. Who do you recommend going with - I know Albert at Surfcabs is not always reliable but we had thought about doing something with him and he was available but has yet to contact us to confirm anything - which leads me to believe he is not the best choice. who else should I try? I leave in a week and change.

HELP!

Karen

For El Yunque, rent a car and drive there yourself.

More economical, easy and more flexible (for example, you can go to Luquillo beach -- Balnearnio Monserrate after visiting El Yunque).

Which rental car company is most convenient to the port?

I posted that question too as we are renting a car and driving to El Yunque. I was told the Sheraton OSJ has a Hertz counter....which I just confirmed. Around $35 for the day for our day in port on Aug 25.

We rented a car at the Sheraton OSJ and drove to the Rain Forest, spent some time at the beach in Loquillo and also had some time at one of the forts before returning the car. The Hertz closes early (3 or 4), but if you return later than this you just park the car with valet in the hotel and they return it in the am. It was between $25 and $30 to do this, but it was more convenient and less expensive than returning the car to the Hertz at the airport.;)

It's a straight-forward drive from OSJ to El Yunque. Once in El Yunque, it's just like any other US Federal Forest ... there are visitor centers (ranger stations) with people to help you, they have (simplistic) maps, etc. All the main trails are clearly marked and most are gravel paths (some have concrete).

For only a couple hours, you'd probably end up doing La Mina trail or Bano de Oro ... both (relatively) easy and easy-to-follow trails.

Do some Google searches and you should be able to find trail descriptions, trail maps, etc.

It's a straight-forward drive from OSJ to El Yunque. Once in El Yunque, it's just like any other US Federal Forest ... there are visitor centers (ranger stations) with people to help you, they have (simplistic) maps, etc. All the main trails are clearly marked and most are gravel paths (some have concrete).

For only a couple hours, you'd probably end up doing La Mina trail or Bano de Oro ... both (relatively) easy and easy-to-follow trails.

Do some Google searches and you should be able to find trail descriptions, trail maps, etc.

Thanks!

Thanks you answered my questions too we are going April 2011 and I told my husband I thought we would like the freedom of renting a car we are staying a Double Tree so far but will look on line for deals when time gets closer.

• 3 weeks later...

This is to cantwait06 post; I looked up the Sunset Tours web site; is there any guarantee that you would get Robert? Is it a private our or does he wait to stuff his van? We are on a limited time, as our port is 3-11, and I was thinking on doing a Rainforest tour first, and then OSJ, as I have heard you could do an OSJ tour at night; any info is appreciated

Archived