Best place to watch people coming from Naughty room

asylum575

I love all the "sneaking" alcohol on board threads.

I prefer watching the people coming out of the naughty room and listening to the lame excuses.:mad:

I mean really, enjoy your vacation. Have a drink, on me;)

On our last cruise, which was on another line. They had a child play area set up in one of the conference rooms. We brought our daughter to check out the toys. While there we heard excited voices next door. When I went out to find out what was going on, I realized it was the naughty room.

I too, can find plenty to do besides watching the naughty people.

Like enjoying my cruise.

BTW, I normally spend the time before the cruise getting excited about my vacation, not figuring out how to "sneak" alcohol on board.

Come on, really.

Sorry to offend, JMHO

Talk about stirring a hornet's nest

I love all the "sneaking" alcohol on board threads.

I prefer watching the people coming out of the naughty room and listening to the lame excuses.:mad:

I mean really, enjoy your vacation. Have a drink, on me;)

You pay all that money to do this on a cruise?:rolleyes: What a pathetic waste of time!

I think I could find something better to do on a cruise ship.

You pay all that money to do this on a cruise?:rolleyes: What a pathetic waste of time!

I think I could find something better to do on a cruise ship.

Doesn't anybody have their sarcasm decoder ring.:rolleyes:

Pathetic is wasting all that money on a cruise and having it start off on the wrong foot trying to save a couple of bucks.

WHen I started this thread, I was hoping we could list the silly excuses you hear for "having" to sneak alcohol on board.

Here, I'll start.

"They don't serve my favorite brand of box wine".

Or my favorite, "They just want to make money selling you drinks",

HELLOOOO, last I checked cruise lines are NOT not-for-profit organizations.

Of course they want to make money on you.

We aren't bringing booze aboard but I have a feeling we might end up in the naughty room anyway because we'll have bottles of Cholula hot sauce in our checked bag. We are doing b2b2b cruises, total of 33 days aboard the Sun, and we can't do without our favorite brand of hot sauce for eggs, hamburgers, etc for that long a period of time.

We'll also have 2 bottles of mouthwash. I'm putting them in that same checked bag so if a bag goes to the 'naughty' room, it will just be one bag, not both of our bags.

Maybe, though, because the hot sauce isn't a clear liquid and the mouthwash is opaque green, maybe the suitcase will clear the xray after all without being placed in the 'naughty' room. We'll see in just 39 days!

Never watched for naughty room people although there was one beside the postcard stand at the front desk cruise before last. Dumb guy was trying to sneak a boat load of booze in his baby's diaper bag. Poor kid! We have much more fun watching the late comers trying to get back to the ship. Now that's a hoot! Waddle, waddle, humph, waddle, waddle. Fall down. Waddle some more. It's too funny!:D

Do you mean Kaluha(the coffee liquor) hot suace.

Never heard of it. Not sure I want to try it. What's it like, spicy chocolate?

BTW, I have another one.

"I put the vodka my listerine bottle because I prefer to rinse out with it."

Too funny!!! I loved your original post asylum. I've never heard of the naughty room but since this will be my first cruise I guess that explains it. We have friends that won't try a cruise because it costs too much to drink. Not a big deal to me because I might have one of my 2 to 3 drinks a year on the cruise.

Too funny!!! I loved your original post asylum. I've never heard of the naughty room but since this will be my first cruise I guess that explains it. We have friends that won't try a cruise because it costs too much to drink. Not a big deal to me because I might have one of my 2 to 3 drinks a year on the cruise.

A friend of mine did an all inclusive resort one year and a cruise the next. Even with buying his own drinks he saved a few hundred dollars on the cruise versus the AI.

What about . . .

"Oh, I didn't know I couldn't bring my own alcohol, sorry.":confused:

If you weren't a fine print reader or you were a first time cruiser, might help you save face.

Disclaimer: we don't smuggle alcohol. We distill it in our stateroom. :p

I'd always known there was a naughty room, but I had no idea where it was. Walked by a room with a line out into the hall on our last cruise. Grumpy people in the room, nervous people in line outside the room......

Yep , that sounds like my room :p

Here's my take on it:

I just wish the conversation would go like this...

OK, you tried to sneak in alcohol, but it didn't work. No, you can't pay a corkage fee. No, you won't get it back. We're going to destroy it. Here's your bag. Please keep in mind that we don't do this to be jerks, nor are we saying it is for safety reasons. We prohibit passengers from bringing their own alcohol onboard because alcohol sales are an important part of our business model and we are trying to keep fares as low as possible. Your passage contract clearly states that alcohol being brought onboard is prohibited. Enjoy the rest of the cruise. NEXT!

Instead of...

How DARE you! You’re a dirty SMUGGLER! Just be glad we don’t throw your ass in a cell in Panama somewhere you filthy criminal! After all the ONLY reason we prohibit you from bringing your own booze onboard is for safety! Now disappear before I decide you have norovirus and imprison you in your cabin for the week!

BY THE WAY: I don't drink hardly at all nor do or have I ever tried to sneak booze onboard. My wife and I average about two bottles of wine total on a cruise which we're more than happy to buy from NCL.

WHen I started this thread, I was hoping we could list the silly excuses you hear for "having" to sneak alcohol on board.

I agree with those who think it is silly to save fifteen or thirty bucks on a cruise that is costing you a hundred times as much or more, and to sell your own conscience so cheaply in the process. That view notwithstanding, I found myself accidentally on the wrong side of the rules on my recent cruise. I had purposely put my two wine bottles in my backpack, wrapped in a jacket. I had done this rather than put them in luggage because I fully intended to pay the corking fee whenever I reached the station for that. Well, we went through what I thought was only an airport-like security scanning station; I truly didn't think it had anything to do with looking for booze, and told my DW so as we passed through.

On the other side of the security scan, we picked up all our belongings, or so I thought. It wasn't until twenty minutes later, being ushered to our suite by our butler, that I noticed my backpack was missing. I didn't remember where I'd misplaced it, and wondered if it was still all the way back at the curb where we'd entrusted our other luggage to the handlers. The ever-patient butler helped us backtrack our way, and we found the wayward backpack confiscated at the "security" scan.

Uh, might they have, oh I dunno, MENTIONED that they were jacking my pack? No such luck; they'd just lifted it and placed it in "the naughty bin." I paid the freight, got the cunningly stylish corkage stickers, and continued boarding, a bit grumped by the guilt-by-blunder brand on my forehead. I dunno; maybe I missed reading a sign somewhere. Let the reader beware.

InThe

Archived