EZ Cruise Parking

Biker201

Will be going on our first cruise 09/05 on the Conquest. I have already booked parking at EZ Cruise and wanted to know if it is best to unload passengers and bags at the ship or take everyone to the parking lot and get shuttled to the ship. There will be four of us going.

i would take everyone to the port, drop luggage and then drive to the parking and take the shuttle back, just have them wait for you outside. and it may be required. I parked at the port authority which is different from the one you are using but they required that you drop off all luggage and then go park.

I think we will go the shuttle route. If I drop the wives off and they have to stand in the sun longer than I have to I am sure I will hear about it. No sense taking the risk.

There is plenty of shade and some benches. They could also go inside to wait for you. If there is a long line they could get in it and save you some time.

You can always drop off the bags and then everyone go to park.

The problem with using the shuttle is that others are as well.

A couple weeks ago I took my 18-year-old daughter and a friend on a short cruise. We dropped off the luggage first and then parked. We were waiting to be shuttled back with two huge parties and their tons of luggage. The girls and I decided it would be faster if we walked back to port. Sure enough that was true. We would have been stuck on the third shuttle. We managed to beat the first shuttle back to the port.

When we arrived back at port, I left the girls with the luggage at the port and walked to pick up the car. I was in the car halfway back to port by the time the shuttle passed me going to the lot. Again, my method was more efficient.

• 3 weeks later...

Fellow Cruisers:

We do what the earlier posters have said: drop off luggage, then shuttle or walk the 2-3 blocks to the Port. Or sometimes, we walk 3 more blocks to the Starbucks at 22nd (Kempner) and Harborside. We take our coffee outside to the raised patio, and watch the traffic turn into the port, with the 1-2 ships in the background. We can see the movie playing on the top deck of Conquest, and some crew members walking into town, to enjoy a little liberty while in Galveston.

Cynthia Hays, the proprietor of EZPark, has treated us very well over the years. We would park and shuttle with her people again and again. What a nice part of cruising out of Galveston! I know of now other Port we can park and walk 3 blocks to the cruise ship terminal. Cynthia and her people make it special every time we come.

Bob and Donna from Dallas/Ft. Worth

Edited by bobstack
OOPS

• 4 years later...
Around a 10 min walk. Unfortunately, no money savings for skipping the shuttle.

Per their website and my receipt, yes there is. I heard the Port is charging the parking lot shuttles differently, so it's in their interest to lessen the demand I guess. Something about charging them per pax or something like that.

Around a 10 min walk. Unfortunately, no money savings for skipping the shuttle.

We parked there on the last cruise. There was a good discount for not using the shuttle and it took us less than 10 minutes to walk. Very close to the terminal. You can get there even faster if you want to jaywalk.

We parked there on the last cruise. There was a good discount for not using the shuttle and it took us less than 10 minutes to walk. Very close to the terminal. You can get there even faster if you want to jaywalk.

That's good news.