Guarantee Cabin how often do you check?

vickie_bernie

I have a grnty and we leave next Saturday for our cruise to Alaska on the Island. We booked an AA grty.

Should I print out my luggage tags even though I do not have a room.

I have read here that the shut down my personalizer when it gets close. If they do can I still print my tags?

we are on the same Panama cruise and we are waiting, but not patiently. What category did you book?

We booked an inside J. They're on Caribe and I think there are only 7 of them, 2 forward and 5 aft. They were waitlisted (along with the next 2 categories) the last time I checked. Would be a nice surprise to be upgraded but we don't mind if we end up with J. I really kind of like the location of them. The waiting is the hard part. lol

2-3x day now that we are only 11 days out. At Final Payment I upgraded to a guarantee balcony - first time booking guarantee. If we get a nice cabin, I'll be happy. If not, I'll be wondering if I should have done this and will be packing ear plugs as I think a "bad" cabin is under the pool deck! :rolleyes:

I have a grnty and we leave next Saturday for our cruise to Alaska on the Island. We booked an AA grty.

Should I print out my luggage tags even though I do not have a room.

I have read here that the shut down my personalizer when it gets close. If they do can I still print my tags?

my advice is to print them out now so you have them.... a few days before sailing they lock you out and you will still be able to print out luggage tags and boarding pass but that will be it. If you get a cabin then just reprint.

I got mine 3 days before sailing ..BUT the plus I got an amazing upgrade I was a tad nervous about my cabin assignmen but it worked out GREAT

I prepared my tags the day before we headed to New York

I too was told they assign later and later

Oh man.... I am under a month out and also checking at least once a day.(And driving myself crazy in the process!!) Glad to know I am not alone.......

Hopefully I will be assigned soon I am dreading having my assignment at the pier..... That is just too ugly for words. But as on of my favorite sayings goes.... It is what it is :)

Ter

I booked our December cruise early July, BG balcony guaranteed. I was checking for a cabin assignment 3-4 times a week not expecting anything for a long time. But approximately 2 weeks later we got assigned one of the BA balcony staterooms on the Lido deck. I think it’s a pretty nice upgrade.

And I am still checking my personalizer once a day, as it’s a long way and you never know…

Chelsea

We were on the Sapphire's August 1 cruise. I checked a couple of times a week early on, but started checking daily the closer it got. I found out our cabin assignment four days before the cruise. We got an upgrade from an obstructed to an unobstructed.

I could not print out luggage tags in the Cruise Personalizer. But it did not matter. The luggage guy at the port had plenty. He checked our cabin number on a list to make sure it had not changed again.

We met one couple who had been upgraded from an obstructed view to an unobstructed cabin like we had--except they found out when they got to the dock in Seattle that their cabin had been changed again, to a balcony.

I booked us on the Island's Christmas cruise while on the Sapphire. Once again, we did the obstructed view guarantee. This time, Princess sent me an upgrade notice via email. We've been assigned to an unobstructed view already. I did not get an email for our Sapphire cruise.

Wow! Looks like several of us are in the same boat..Pun intended. I booked three couples in mini gte's and they are as anxious as me. We did the canal last October, gte mini's, and found out assignments within a couple of days. Wish I knew their system!

We were assigned our cabin the day we booked,nov 5th 2009 for nov 1st 2010 sailing but keep checking every few days now to see if we might have been upgraded,but no luck yet,we are on plazza deck room227 and its our 2nd cruise with princess, didnt get an upgrade on last one so prob wont get one this time either but never say never fingers crossed.

For my Aug. 22nd cruise, My Princess says the CP will close 5 days before, so I went ahead and printed our luggage tags and boarding passes yesterday even though there is no specific cabin assignment. I do keep checking the cabin availability on the various categories. It has slightly changed and just the other day there are now some Caribe deck balconies in the mix. HOPING I get one of those! Love them!!

For my Aug. 22nd cruise, My Princess says the CP will close 5 days before, so I went ahead and printed our luggage tags and boarding passes yesterday even though there is no specific cabin assignment. I do keep checking the cabin availability on the various categories. It has slightly changed and just the other day there are now some Caribe deck balconies in the mix. HOPING I get one of those! Love them!!

Although u can not get into your cruise personalizer the last few days u still can print your boarding passes and luggage tags up until the time u leave.......i did that on our last cruise as we got an upgrade after the 5 day time period.

I understand Princess will email you or your ta.... I just keep checking the personalizer, hoping it will show up there. It's very frustrating! Am traveling with three couples, all with gte mini's and they keep checking with me. Wish I could make it happen!

Me neither. I leave 8/21/10 island princess alaska and am very nervous about this. That is only 10 days away. I thought for sure i would have something by now. Do they email you when they have assigned your cabin?

I have never been emailed.... if you don't get a cabin assignment before you leave (usally a good sign) just print out your boarding passes and when you get to the pier, see the baggage handlers and they will have a list of cabins or they will direct to someone who does. They you add your cabin # to your luggage tags and on you go to enjoy your vacation.

Okay I rarely book a guarantee cabin, but I did this past week when i booked an October Panama Cruise. I've been checking my Personalizer probably three times a day to see if a cabin has been assigned. Am I nuts! Okay don't answer that :p

So how often do you check the personalizer to see if a cabin has been assigned ?

Every time I'm on the internet.

I'm checking whenever I'm online. My husband and I are doing the Diamond Princess in Alaska on 8/21 and I'm hoping no news is good news! We booked an unobstructed ocean view and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a balcony. :p

Good luck, everyone!

~Mindi

Thanks so much for starting this thread - I was thinking I was the only one who checks every day (o.k. - truthfully 2 or 3 times a day)!

Our last 2 cruises, we had our cabin assignment within a week....not so this time. I'll have my computer worn out by the time October gets here! I've checked 5 times today...hoping that Friday was the magical day....no luck.

Maybe they will get tired of us checking and give us a great cabin location! We book balcony guarantee and on our Emerald cruise we got Caribe Deck (big balcony). It was awesome!!

Pam in KY

nothing today, but my cruise is a month after yours, trying not to check four times a day -- next step will some kind of 12 step program

Last night I even went to the princess site to book my cruise and see what rooms were available. Only 1 inside room number would come up and no obstructed views were available. (I think I did it right) Can't get on the Princess site right now so can't double check my findings. I think I need to join you in that 12 step program Vickie! LOL

Archived