Review of coffee on princess

chrisxmoa

This is what I do since I agree with everyone that the coffee is horrid and it's not just on Princess. If I'm having breakfast served in my room (which I normally do) I asked for hot water and bring Starbucks Via Instant coffee but I also purchase a coffee card for during the day. I understand you can use a coffee card that hasn't been completely punched on a future cruise and that's what I'm going to do for my upcoming trip.

Coffee is a subjective taste and everyone has a different opinion. You could have a Starbucks next to a Dunkin' Donuts and some would go to one and never the other, and vice versa. The only time I've ever had an issue with the coffee was on the Golden a few years ago. It was truly awful the entire cruise whether you added water or not. Generally, I think the ship's coffee is fine and would never buy a coffee card or waste valuable luggage space bringing a coffee maker of my own. But that's my opinion and not everyone agrees. :)

Recently returned from a cruise on Royal Carribean. The coffee in the buffet and in the MDR is frish brewed Seattle's Best. I must say though that I didn't find anything wrong with the coffee in the HC or MDR on our recent cruise on the Golden Princess.

So where and when does one buy a coffe card? Can I get one in advance?

Not in advance.

It can be purchased at several tables set up when you board, they will also be selling the Coke sticker there too. Usually near the elevators and stairwells.

It also can be purchased at the IC coffee bar and the several other bars around the ship.

I am married to the most "persnickity" coffee snob. He only drinks his coffee black and must have a cup in the morning, with lunch and after dinner. He drinks the "stuff" onboard Princess and NEVER complains.

I wait for him to say something [i NEVER give him a "heads-up] about the opinions on the subject, that you all share and, he does not complain about it.

If I make a bad pot of coffee at home.....he'll complain about it for hours.

I don't understand how someone so discriminating about the taste and smell of his coffee can find the stuff that you all complain about so much, to be perfectly acceptable! Believe me, I wait to hear the complaints......nary a one!!!!!

Archived