Tea at Fairmont Chateau Frontenac

Has anyone done tea at the Chateau? I see that there is a shore excursion that includes tea (Crown Princess) and wondering if it is worth the price. We are staying precruise in the Chateau and wondered what it might cost for tea. I know as we usually do will probably not eat in the hotel but will sure enjoy being in this special hotel at the special rate that I found a few weeks back for this iconic hotel. Thanks for your experiences.

I stay at FHR's Canadian properties all they time -- they are my corporate hotel. Not to dissuade you, but tea at the Fairmont Le Château Frontenac isn't much different than tea service at the Fairmont Washington: quite nice, but not as good as say The Empress in Victoria or Chateau Laurier in Ottawa.

If you are looking to save a buck or two, you can easily (and more cheaply) do it on your own as you walk about Québec (which is highly walkable.) http://www.fairmont.com/frontenac/GuestServices/Restaurants/OldFashionedTea.htm One consideration is dress code, which is smart casual. For a couple, including tax and tip, it is ~90$ CAD

The teas themselves are on sale in the hotel gift shop! The Kea Lani orange-pineapple is my favourite. Enjoy your time in Québec.

Scott.

Thanks all. We will be staying in the hotel and I am very curious type person so will do a very complete tour "looking for ice":D. Could also take the tour in that I like to hear the stories that guides tell. $90 C is probably too much for me for tea which is not one of my "meals" -- will do tea on the Crown Princess once to make up for it. It costs less than tea at the hotel. The shore excursion is only $59/pp US so not that much more. Also the hotel web site say Thurs - Sat. for tea and the shore excursion is Tuesday.

Archived