SAS - Hollywood Beach to POM

kittenaround

Can someone confirm whether SAS will shuttle from a hotel in Hollywood Beach to POM? Website says hotel in FLL airport area to POM but not sure if Hollywood Beach would be considered in this area. If not, any suggestions on how to get from HB to POM?

Thanks for your help.

Funny you should ask! I just got on to respond!

Here's the reply I got!

I can pick up on Hollywood Beach but, because those are not airport area hotels, the pick up times on Hollywood Beach do not begin until Noon.

Price is the same you were already quoted.

Steven Sadowsky

Funny you should ask! I just got on to respond!

Here's the reply I got!

I can pick up on Hollywood Beach but, because those are not airport area hotels, the pick up times on Hollywood Beach do not begin until Noon.

Price is the same you were already quoted.

Steven Sadowsky

So pick ups after noon....hmmmm. Does that leave enough time to get to POM and registered for a cruise that leaves port at 4pm without causing undue stress and worry? Maybe it's best to rent a car if the rate is reasonable.

Thanks for getting the info.

So pick ups after noon....hmmmm. Does that leave enough time to get to POM and registered for a cruise that leaves port at 4pm without causing undue stress and worry? Maybe it's best to rent a car if the rate is reasonable.

I was very interested in your post because I am also looking for transportation to/from Ft.Lauderdale and POM. I noticed that you said you emailed SAS. I checked on their website and didn't see any email address. Where did you find it?

• 2 weeks later...
I was very interested in your post because I am also looking for transportation to/from Ft.Lauderdale and POM. I noticed that you said you emailed SAS. I checked on their website and didn't see any email address. Where did you find it?

The email is from the quote request form on their reservation page. Once you fill it out with your email address, they respond through email to you. You can also call them, which works well when you just have questions.

I have been talking with SAS for our upcoming cruise. We are staying at the Westin Diplomat on Hollywood Beach prior to our cruise. Our cruise leaves from Port of Miami.

SAS told us that they stopped picking up from Hollywood Beach and are now just doing FLL airport and FLL airport hotels for pick up. Has anyone else gotten that response?

In the end we rented a car anyway so we will have SAS get us from the car rental drop off at FLL. But I was curious whether others were able to get picked up from Hollywood Beach still.

I just sent a request the other day for a pick-up from Westin Beach Resort (Fort Laud Beach) taking us to POM and Steve replied that a van would pick us up at 11am. This is for an October cruise.

How much did they quote you? And is this through go-airport or SAS? Number in your party?

Txs

I just sent a request the other day for a pick-up from Westin Beach Resort (Fort Laud Beach) taking us to POM and Steve replied that a van would pick us up at 11am. This is for an October cruise.

Hmmm. Weird. I talked to him on Friday. I wonder why he didn't want to get us there?:confused:

It's not a long ride. Let him know what the latest time you can check in is and see what he says.

He probably doesn't have room would be my guess.

???

He told me he has a guy who used to drive for him but went independent that we could call to get us from Hollywood beach. But we decided to just catch SAS at the airport since we opted to get a rental car. I had good experiences with them before so I wanted to stick with what we know. I just thought it was weird is all.

I just noticed the difference. Camorelli noted a pickup at the Westin Beach Resort, not the Westin Diplomat.

Yep, mine is Westin Beach Resort on Fort Laud Beach but I didn't think it was considered airport area. I booked through SAS website and it's for 2 adults ($15 each) and 2 kids ($10 each). We booked them last March and were pleased with their service.

Archived