Stores near Port of San Juan

mstravel

Just thought of another question. We are flying in around 3pm the day we sail. Is there somewhere we can purchase soda's to carry on. I'm picky about my bottled water, so I plan to purchase that prior to leaving home, but didn't want to pack soda's, if they could be purchased near the port. Also, can we keep it in checked luggage and do we have to remove it and actaully carry it on? Thanks in Advance.

Just thought of another question. We are flying in around 3pm the day we sail. Is there somewhere we can purchase soda's to carry on. I'm picky about my bottled water, so I plan to purchase that prior to leaving home, but didn't want to pack soda's, if they could be purchased near the port. Also, can we keep it in checked luggage and do we have to remove it and actaully carry it on? Thanks in Advance.

There's a "Quick Mart" type store on the opposite side of the multi-level parking garage that faces the cruise ship terminal (along the same street where the Hard Rock Cafe is, a few blocks east).

Also, if you walk into Old San Juan, there's a supermarket (Pueblo) near the Old City's town square.

As far as carrying your soda, I'm sure somebody else will chime in with the absolute correct answer, but I believe that you need to bring it onboard as part of your carry on

There's a nice new CVS right across from the port in OSJ. Some of the ships depart from another pier further away from downtown, but drugstores are abundant We always buy our sodas before departure and carry them onboard with us. I leave space in my rolling backpack to haul them so I don't break my back carrying them around.

All this is assuming you are docked in Old San Juan.

No problem, settle in, by this time you arrive you should be able to go to cabin your cabin right away. You the time you arrive, you will likely miss the lido buffet, but deli,grill & pizza area will be open. Dinner is open seating first night 5:30-8:30 with 9:30 safety briefing . So somewhere in there you can get off board-go across to the CVS and reboard- we walk briskly and it took 45 min round trip. We brought a rolling backpack as items are heavy. Soda is sold in 12 packs, and flats of water. (Bring CVS card if you have one for discounts-saved me $3) You will need ID and sign n'sail card to reboard and again go thru security screening.

This is photo of walkway as you leave terminal, we went out around 3:30pm to get 12-pack of soda and some water at CVS. 2441951030103372150S500x500Q85.jpg

This was taken from our balcony of 7312 with a 3X zoom, this is the frog I was saying was visible from ship, the CVS is just left of Senior Frogs.

2543966630103372150S600x600Q85.jpg

Going thru security

2010865590103372150S500x500Q85.jpg

Archived