Ordering from MDR in Suite questions please

How does this work in suites? Do you order by contacting the concierge or by calling room service? How long does it take for the food to arrive? We had our first GS on our last cruise, but didn't use this feature and would like to on our next cruise. One evening I asked the concierge if we could pre-order eggs benedict for the next morning, and he quickly offered to call the chef for our order. We said just curious, not to set it up. So, please tell me how all this works. Thanks.

There is a hard covered note book - folder, which contains all the Dinner Menu's, one for each day, which are identical to the menus offered in the MDR each evening.

And yes, you can order Lobster.

There is also a breakfast Menu, which is the same as what is available if you were to go to the MDR for breakfast.

You simply call room service and order off the menu. They know you are in a suite.

The server comes with all the courses. First, He/She asks where you want him to "Set up". He/she then lays out a tablecloth, silverware, condiments.

He told us to call room service when we were finished and they would come to clear the table. Our room steward said leave it to him.

Also, there is free room service 24 hrs. No additional charge. So I ordered a pot of coffee at 6am once or twice, and had it in 5-10 minutes.

There is a hard covered note book - folder, which contains all the Dinner Menu's, one for each day, which are identical to the menus offered in the MDR each evening.

Is the notebook in each suite? Or is there just one in the CL? Is it available on boarding day? (Might try a specialty restaurant this go 'round, and would like to book it as early as possible after looking at the MDR menus.)

Thanks!

Is the notebook in each suite? Or is there just one in the CL? Is it available on boarding day? (Might try a specialty restaurant this go 'round, and would like to book it as early as possible after looking at the MDR menus.)

Thanks!

There is a book with the breakfast,lunch,dinner, menus........it will be there the first day.............last cruise,we ate every meal in our suite.......so nice to have eggs Benedict on the balcony........

There is a book with the breakfast,lunch,dinner, menus........it will be there the first day.............last cruise,we ate every meal in our suite.......so nice to have eggs Benedict on the balcony........

Excellent! Thanks for the quick response.

Be careful of the book menus. On one of our last trips the steward was not changing them, so we didn't order one night because none of the foods looked good, only to find out later that it was the wrong menu.

I believe they have taken the eggs benedict off the menu for breakfast in the book...but don't worry if you like it you can still order it.

Another point is that you can only place your order for dinner, lunch and breakfast when the main dinning room is open. Or at least it is delivered during that time period.

Rev

The book is Navy Blue. Don't disregard it as general info such as something you would find in a hotel room.

There was personalized items in there for us such as our priority tender tickets, and other items.

We went hours without our CL Cards, and I think my Wife found them in there also.

Also, there is free room service 24 hrs. No additional charge. So I ordered a pot of coffee at 6am once or twice, and had it in 5-10 minutes.

Between the hours of midnight and 5:30AM if you order anything from room service there is a $3.95 charge.

This charge is waived for Grand Suite and above:)

Since when??

I have never found a notice about it.......but then again....we have never ordered durning those hours.........except one time where we were both sick, and elected to stay in our cabin.

There was no charge for the soup that was delivered.

Maybe that goes back to the days when they did not charge.....so my apologies.......if my statement is not true.

Rick

Since when??

I have never found a notice about it.......but then again....we have never ordered durning those hours.........except one time where we were both sick, and elected to stay in our cabin.

There was no charge for the soup that was delivered.

Maybe that goes back to the days when they did not charge.....so my apologies.......if my statement is not true.

Rick

We have our first GS this coming March - I printed the following and have it in hand - sorry I cannot remember where I printed it but if I come across it I will adivse:

"Upgraded room service. In addition to complimentary 24 hour room service, passengers in suites will receive coffee and tea service throughout their cruise and have exclusive privilege to order from the main dining rooms full breakfast lunch or dinner menus for in room dining."

We have our first GS this coming March - I printed the following and have it in hand - sorry I cannot remember where I printed it but if I come across it I will adivse:

"Upgraded room service. In addition to complimentary 24 hour room service, passengers in suites will receive coffee and tea service throughout their cruise and have exclusive privilege to order from the main dining rooms full breakfast lunch or dinner menus for in room dining."

The coffee/tea reference is about the tea kettle and French Press in your suite......you can make any of it 24/7:)

and BTW---when the dining room is closed on some port days,you can not order off the lunch menu.......then you just order off the regular room service menu..

Between the hours of midnight and 5:30AM if you order anything from room service there is a $3.95 charge.

Not for GS and above. Been that way over a year now, used it on the Explorer June 09.

Thanks!

Our book did not have all the dinner menus in it upon boarding. The Room Steward would change them out every day (when the remembered too).

Susan :)

Thanks for all the info. How long did you typically wait after ordering breakfast, lunch or dinner, please? I am guessing dinner might be a longer wait as there are more courses.

waited about the typical room service time.......they will tell you when you call it in........

The coffee/tea reference is about the tea kettle and French Press in your suite......you can make any of it 24/7:)

and BTW---when the dining room is closed on some port days,you can not order off the lunch menu.......then you just order off the regular room service menu..

Thanks - I never thought about the dining room being CLOSED - LOL! :)

Thanks for all the info. How long did you typically wait after ordering breakfast, lunch or dinner, please? I am guessing dinner might be a longer wait as there are more courses.

It went very fast.

The person on the phone took our order, then 1/2 way through he said "Oh, I just noticed...hold a second" Then a different person came on, a little more pleasant. After he took our order, he said "I'll be there in less than 15 minutes"

I got the feeling, there is a different group of people with perhaps a different protocol for handling suite orders.

But I have no way of knowing for sure.

Thanks Susan:) Just realized the MDR will be CLOSED - HA! Can you tell I am excited about our first Grand Suite?:p

You/re going to love it. The first time I saw how big the bathroom I was, I thought heck you could host a small cocktail party in there :D

Susan :)

Archived