Ordering from MDR in Suite questions please

For those in suites who wish to order dinner from the MDR for a certain time. You may call ahead and order your meal to be delivered at that certain time (as long as it is a time when the MDR is open) and it will be delivered at that time give or take fifteen minutes...which is very nice, as I have done this several times on different ships.

Our Concierge always ordered our dinner for us....we told him what we wanted and for what time.

Everything was ready and in order by the time it was delivered.

Do you think room service would deliver meals to a location other than your stateroom?

Would they bring it to the Pig and Whistle or the movie theater?

I've never seen it done and the literature doesn't really address it-just wondering...

Do you think room service would deliver meals to a location other than your stateroom?

Would they bring it to the Pig and Whistle or the movie theater?

I've never seen it done and the literature doesn't really address it-just wondering...

I've never entertained the thought of having food delivered other than to our cabin.

Maybe someone else has???

I've never entertained the thought of having food delivered other than to our cabin.

Maybe someone else has???

What a novel thought! My gut tells me that room service will NOT be available to be delivered to a table in the Schooner Bar!

I'm sure that someone has asked that question......and has been turned down. Think of the mess and trays all over the ship!:eek:

Rick

What a novel thought! My gut tells me that room service will NOT be available to be delivered to a table in the Schooner Bar!

I'm sure that someone has asked that question......and has been turned down. Think of the mess and trays all over the ship!:eek:

Rick

I did think of the logistics of it all..but yes..a novel idea!!!

I was wondering if they'd let you eat it in the CL...?

CL isn't really set up for dining. You'd have to hold your plates and if you were looking at dinner time, the CL during the evening cocktail hour is usually standing room only. Lots of times when we've been on the Radiance class, we end up taking out drinks to the small area right outside the CL.

Susan :)

On the Freedom last week, noticed for the first time that they now have a separate priority room service extension for suite guests when ordering room service. I forgot about the number and was on hold. Called back using the priority extension and they picked up right away. ;)

For those in suites who wish to order dinner from the MDR for a certain time. You may call ahead and order your meal to be delivered at that certain time (as long as it is a time when the MDR is open) and it will be delivered at that time give or take fifteen minutes...which is very nice, as I have done this several times on different ships.
We did that as well........told them 7:30 for dinner....worked out well

Our Concierge always ordered our dinner for us....we told him what we wanted and for what time.

Everything was ready and in order by the time it was delivered.

Why would you ask the concierge to do it?? By the time you tell him what you want,you could just tell the room service person:confused:

We did that as well........told them 7:30 for dinner....worked out well

Why would you ask the concierge to do it?? By the time you tell him what you want,you could just tell the room service person:confused:

We make our choices and then go about our day. We don't have to worry about boarding after an excursion and worrying about dinner.

All done..... ..all we do is clean up after our day...maybe have some pre dinner drinks and then sit down and eat.:)

Do they bring everything at once?? Or do they come with your appertizer first, then the salad, then your entree and then dessert???

They do everything at once. Like it's done in the movies. The server comes with a push cart with white table cloths and everything. You sit and watch as he sets up the table.

We originally wanted our dinner on the balcony, but we did not anticipate the bright sun that time of day.

(of course he gets a good tip)

We ordered the Dining room menu into the suite on our San Juan night because our excursion came back too late for our early seating. We called the standard room service number - the person taking the order asked questions like would you like your meat medium rare or medium well, etc. We had food (all three courses) approx. 30 minutes after it was ordered. I ordered an extra entree for the three of us to share (the curry) like I did in the MDR each night and had an order of cookies added becuase DD was not sure she wanted the coconut creme brulee. The delivery also included the bottle of wine (that I paid for). The person taking the order ensured we had the correct menu and the delivery person set-up a white tablecloth on the coffee table in the room (we took the courses out on the balcony to enjoy the sunset). The tray included salt/pepper, silverware, etc. The room service delivery person presented the wine and had us taste before pouring the glasses.

We had all the menus in our room on embarkation day but they were all out of order. I verified the menu in the concierge lounge that morning.

I called when we were done and they picked it all up. Very nice.

I have done a couple of sailings on Seabourn, and found that not only did I get in-suite dining served course-by-course, but my orders with room service could be (and were) delivered anywhere on the ship I happened to be. And then, of course, you have open bars throughout the ship. And you don't have to be in a suite! The lowest category cabin qualifies for all of the above.

When I factored these things in, I found it was actually cheaper to book Seabourn than a suite on a mainstream line in order to receive the services mentioned.

I have done a couple of sailings on Seabourn, and found that not only did I get in-suite dining served course-by-course, but my orders with room service could be (and were) delivered anywhere on the ship I happened to be. And then, of course, you have open bars throughout the ship. And you don't have to be in a suite! The lowest category cabin qualifies for all of the above.

When I factored these things in, I found it was actually cheaper to book Seabourn than a suite on a mainstream line in order to receive the services mentioned.

Which is good for the ones that want the on board experience that Seabourn offers but that is not me. We could cruise the luxury lines for what we pay for suites but I would be bored silly on those small ships. RCI knows this and that's why they can get those prices for suites.

My family will be in a GS but my adult son and his girlfriend have an inside cabin. Will we be able to order in for all of us? I guess I'm asking if we can order an additional 2 entrees for them so they can join us in our room on occasion.

You can order as many items as you want off the menu..........enjoy!!

You can order as many items as you want off the menu..........enjoy!!

I have heard of some folks getting quantities reduced and the room service folks saying "you ordered too much food"

I suspect if you are in a suite and you let them know you are ordering for more than 2 people you shouldn't have a problem

Archived