Bed Location in Cabin

B-May

I'm not sure if this is universal. but on our two Solstice cruises, if the cabin was a double occupancy, the bed is near the balcony, If its a triple or quad, the bed is near the closet. We have had a triple both times so the bed was near the closet. Our daughter had a double, so the bed was near the balcony.

I think I prefer near the closet -- the only issue is access to the closet. Its better if you keep the beds together, worse if you keep the beds apart.

mac_tlc

Is there a way to find out if the cabin you booked (I'm in Eclipse C3-1277) is closer to the door or the balcony?

Thanks,

Betty

The bed should be by the balcony in that cabin.

Yes there is a way you should be able to figure out. I have figured it out On Oasis Of The Seas and S class is similar as they also have the alternating cabin layout....so see no reason the same theory wouldn't apply here. Like the previous poster stated.....all triple and quad rooms will have the bed located by the closet....that is because the sofa-bed needs to be by the balcony....fire hazard if it were the other way and you had to try to climb over in an emergency. So knowing all that you simply find you cabin.....look for a cabin close that has the symbol signifying it is triple or quad...usually a square or triangle (knowing any of those cabins have the bed by the closet) and just keep alternating till you get to you cabin and you will know;)

That info is correct. Look for triple or quad rooms and you'll be good to go. ;)

We only book when the bed is near the closet. Some say it's difficult getting in and out of the area, but we have no problems. Personally I like natural light by the desk where I do my makeup.:) And... we can keep our chilled wine in the ice bucket nearby the balcony where we are enjoying our refreshments pre dinner. The space is opened up more with the sitting area connected to the verandah. :D

Thanks. We will have the beds apart and I thot it would be nice to sit on the sofa in the evening and be able to look outside if it's chilly. Maybe I better change cabin locations! Or at least take dibs on the bed closest to the balcony to get the view.

b

Archived