So SORRY if these ?'s have already been answered..

cruiseaddictColleen

I will be sailing to Bermuda on 8/26 NCL Spirit. I have sailed NCL 2 other times on the Majesty and I believe we docked in St. Georges but I can't believe I just realized now that the ship no longer docks in St. Georges (Is this true??) We loved that location, restaurant, shops, could walk to Tobacco Bay, St. Catherine's etc. So if this is true I have a few questions, do the ferries to St. Georges run constantly throughout the day? what is the cost? Are all of the caves in St. Georges?? Is the Grotto Bay Hotel in St. George?? I am sorry to have so many questions but this just through me for a "big loop". Is there anything at all walking distance to where our new docking place is?? Thanks for any help you can give me!!:)

The Spirit docks at the Dockyards AKA Heritage Wharf or King’s Wharf. The only cruise ship of the major lines that tenders (not docks) at St George’s is HAL’s Veendam.

There is a ferry that runs from the Dockyard to St George’s. Here’s a link to the schedule (can be a very slow load), Dockyard to SG is the Orange Route: http://www.seaexpress.bm/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_13212_283_1766_43/http%3B/ptpublisher.gov.bm%3B7087/publishedcontent/publish/ministry_of_tourism_and_transport/sea_express/dept___seeaexpress__ferry_schedule_new/summer_schedule_2010new.pdf

The ferry runs 6 times from the Dockyard to SG.

The caves are located between Hamilton and St George’s; they are located about 10-15 minute bus ride from SG; about 30-35 minute bus ride from Hamilton.

The Grotto Bay Resort is located near the caves (maybe 10-12 minute walk).

At the Dockyard: Clocktower Mall, Rum Cake Factory, Glass Factory, Museum, Snorkel Park, Dolphin Quest, restaurants

Here’s an old map of the Dockyard, missing is Heritage Wharf which is an extension of King’s Wharf:

map3.jpg

SBtS

I sailed in on the Majesty in Aug. of 2008 - so it's only been 2 years. Wonder why NCL no longer docks there....?

Since NCL Majesty left the fleet they no longer have a ship that can fit through the town cut.

Since NCL Majesty left the fleet they no longer have a ship that can fit through the town cut.

As you know, nor do any of the other large cruise lines have a small enough ship, which unfortunately has led to St. George looking like a ghost town due the loss of cruise ship calls.

Archived