Teens own Cabin

sue5002

I have booked two cabins for myself, my DH, and two 17yr old teens. When I booked the lady told me that an adult had to be booked with the teens, and I could swich it on the ship. My question is.. do I change it as we check in, or after we board the ship at the service desk? Am I going to run into any problems? Thanks

I have booked two cabins for myself, my DH, and two 17yr old teens. When I booked the lady told me that an adult had to be booked with the teens, and I could swich it on the ship. My question is.. do I change it as we check in, or after we board the ship at the service desk? Am I going to run into any problems? Thanks

Unless you booked Guarantee or the cabins are far apart. Change it now, because the "lady" is wrong.

In any case you do it AFTER you board, do not even attempt it at the check in desk or you will be charge a name change fee.

Our teens have gone on at least 4 cruises with us. We never had to book an adult in their cabin. Their cabin was usually across the hall from us. On a group cruise we booked a cabin of "young ladies" 17 and 18 at the other end of the ship. No problem.

These cruises were booked directly with Carnival.

We booked 1 kid 1 adult in each room , we just went to the desk and got add'l keys. Our room steward kept us up to date where the girls were, they were right across the hall. Also up on the lido deck our server updated us on the girl's as well. Enjoy your cruise.:D

As stated earlier, the "Lady" was wrong. Last year Carnival changed their policy of 1 parent booked in each cabin. Parents can now book their kids in an adjacent cabin or across the hall.

mmm, our first "family" cruise was in '02 and the kids were placed across the hall from us. At that time they were around 12, 13 and 14.

We have done many cruises on many lines with Teens.

We always 'assign' one adult to each cabin, and only ask the front desk for additional keys.

We tell the room steward who is where, but that is it.

We don't make a big deal of it and that is all.

J-Dawg

I've seen this issue come up a few times on the Carnival thread. I booked a cruise in October for my husband and I and three teens. The woman I spoke with at Carnival was quite chatty and told me she had worked there for years. She was very clear that there was NO WAY to book the three teens in one room and the parents in another. One of us HAD to show as in the cabin with them, and one teen had to go with one of us. I even asked what would happen if I had 4 teens and wanted to get 2 additional rooms and she said that would be impossible. So, why would that happen?? Surely if this policy changed a year ago these staff should know about it by now. And, obviously many people change it when they get on board, so why are the check in folks not reporting back to Carnival that their sales agents don't seem to know what the policies are?

We booked 1 kid 1 adult in each room , we just went to the desk and got add'l keys. Our room steward kept us up to date where the girls were, they were right across the hall. Also up on the lido deck our server updated us on the girl's as well. Enjoy your cruise.:D

THe only problem with that for us will be the sail and sign account. I want the teens to go on their own accounts - well 2 of them anyway. We are travelling with three teens, one is ours the other 2 are not. WE have paid for the trip but want them to cover their own expenses. It would have been so much easier to have it set up as it really will be. The three of them in one room and 2 adults in the other.

As another poster said, Carnival's policy was recently changed. When we cruised with our two teen boys in 2008 we had to book one adult with one kid and went to the customer svc desk when first got on board to get xtra room keys (cards). This cruise was booked thru a TA.

I just booked our next cruise thru Carnival using a PVP and she said Carnival recently changed their policy and I booked all adults together and our two boys (18 & 20) in their own room. If I were you I would go ahead and change it now that way you don't have to waste time once on board to wait in line and get exta keys. If you want extra keys you can do that later when the desk isn't as busy as it is when you first get on board.

Now having said that, our two under 25 yr. olds are both our children so I don't know if it is different if one of the under 25 yr. olds doesn't have a parent on board.

As another poster said, Carnival's policy was recently changed. When we cruised with our two teen boys in 2008 we had to book one adult with one kid and went to the customer svc desk when first got on board to get xtra room keys (cards). This cruise was booked thru a TA.

I just booked our next cruise thru Carnival using a PVP and she said Carnival recently changed their policy and I booked all adults together and our two boys (18 & 20) in their own room. If I were you I would go ahead and change it now that way you don't have to waste time once on board to wait in line and get exta keys. If you want extra keys you can do that later when the desk isn't as busy as it is when you first get on board.

Now having said that, our two under 25 yr. olds are both our children so I don't know if it is different if one of the under 25 yr. olds doesn't have a parent on board.

That's interesting. For our 2008 cruise, we booked our sons, 18.5 and 16 at the time, in their own inside cabin and we had the balcony across the hall. We were never told that we needed an adult in each room. Hmmm...

I think what happens is that Carnival has changed the wording in their policy a few times over the years, but it's basically the same. We have booked our sons in their own cabin since our Victory cruise in 2003 -- our youngest is now 18. We have NEVER had to book an adult in the room with them. We've used the same TA since 2000 and they understand the policy. It's a shame some people working AT Carnival don't understand the policy as well.

I have on old brochure and Carnival's written policy in the Things to know before you go section under "Minor Guests" stated...Guests under 21 years must be accompanied by a parent, grandparent or guardian 25 years or older in the same stateroom. That doesn't mean some TA's or perhaps even Carnival personnel didn't ignore that but it was their written policy at one time.

Archived