What can you do if unable to reach TA and...

sheilb4

theres a price drop!! so frustrating...just found one and there would be an obc of >$300!! but unable to reach her...If I had booked directly with CCL I prob could have got this right away..any suggestions...anything else I can do? Would be sooo upset if I can't get hold of her and lose this deal.....:(

theres a price drop!! so frustrating...just found one and there would be an obc of >$300!! but unable to reach her...If I had booked directly with CCL I prob could have got this right away..any suggestions...anything else I can do? Would be sooo upset if I can't get hold of her and lose this deal.....:(

You've probably already thought of this but ask for a supervisor at the travel agency and explain the issue.

Print it out and note the date and time. TA can then submit when you do get hold of him/her.

HTH!

Paula

I emailed her x 3 with this info, and left her a voice mail...she works independently so unable to get anyone else....tho she is a "broker" for a main co, so maybe I will try them, got nothing to lose...except $300!!! scream!...

No, they won't. Lesson learned. DIY next time. Did you actually e-mail a screenshot? If not, print one out, just in case.. As long as you note the date and time and have proof, you'll be ok even if the price goes back up. It's Sunday, TA's need time off too.. But that's another benefit of booking direct. 24/7 access..

Its gone!!! and the prices have increased by $700 in just an hour...how come!!? I am soooooooooooo disappoinbted, but then I guess I didn't have it in the first place. If I had booked direct I would be $361 obc happier right now...oh well..a very big lesson learned, I am switching my other bookings over to CCL immediately!

Its gone!!! and the prices have increased by $700 in just an hour...how come!!? !

Its all based on supply and demand. When that cruise price dropped, other people saw it and they booked, which caused the number of available cabins to decrease, allowing Carnival to increase the price.

Its gone!!! and the prices have increased by $700 in just an hour...how come!!? I am soooooooooooo disappoinbted, but then I guess I didn't have it in the first place. If I had booked direct I would be $361 obc happier right now...oh well..a very big lesson learned, I am switching my other bookings over to CCL immediately!

Don't give up hope. Note the time you saw it and what the price was and have your TA submit the form tomorrow, or whenever she decides to call you back. You can still get the OBC even if the price subsequently goes back up as long as it was at that price and you saw it.

You should have taken a screen shot so that you had proof of the price once submitted...

Sounds like you might be describing my TA, although I am not aware that she is no longer affiliated with the company. How'd you find that out so quickly? If it's the same one, she left today for a cruise. ;) As someone else mentions, TA's need time off for vacation, too!

Someone please explain to me on how to take a screen shot?

Don't give up hope. Note the time you saw it and what the price was and have your TA submit the form tomorrow, or whenever she decides to call you back. You can still get the OBC even if the price subsequently goes back up as long as it was at that price and you saw it.

Its gone, checked and the cabin is unavailable now, also lower categories with increased pricing :( heck I shoulda taken that screen shot, tho its "history" now... I cruise next w/end, so too late... heck I am going direct from now on..... :( boo hoo....

Sounds like you might be describing my TA, although I am not aware that she is no longer affiliated with the company. How'd you find that out so quickly? If it's the same one, she left today for a cruise. ;) As someone else mentions, TA's need time off for vacation, too!

Open up word.. and CNTL.. print screen.. then paste it into the word document.. I use VISTA.. so it maybe different for you

Shift-Prt Scrn, then paste into MS Word.

Or use a 3rd-party app like Snag-It.

Found a key that says Print Scrn. I just couldn't figure out where it went. Worked with MS Word, thanks!

The only disadvantage of using word is the person you are sending it to might not have word .. (I dont) so that type of file they wouldnt be able to open.

Thats why I use paint and make it a JPG file which every computer can open that I know of.

Its worthless if Carnival cant open the attachment?

Hit print screen on your keyboard, usually on the top row by the F12 key. You can paste it either directly into an email or as other poster said, into word or power point by hitting control+ "v" and save it.

I book direct now. I stopped using a TA when I had trouble reaching her when she was on a cruise and I decided that I won't use a one-person office TA again. Especially with price drops, you need control over your booking and you don't have any control at all when booking thru a TA.

Again I would never use word as my PVP has been unable to open this type of file I forwarded to her once before... find something that everyone can SEE ..isnt that the point of saving it? So you can forward it to someone to view.

I think people who have word on their computers just assume everyone else has it too?

All non Apple computers have "Accessories" .. .and under accessories ...is a program called "PAINT" ... where you can make the file ANY TYPE you want....

Again I would never use word as my PVP has been unable to open this type of file I forwarded to her once before... find something that everyone can SEE ..isnt that the point of saving it? So you can forward it to someone to view.

I think people who have word on their computers just assume everyone else has it too?

All non Apple computers have "Accessories" .. .and under accessories ...is a program called "PAINT" ... where you can make the file ANY TYPE you want....

Wow! I didn't know that. Thanks for the helpful info.:)

I book direct now. I stopped using a TA when I had trouble reaching her when she was on a cruise and I decided that I won't use a one-person office TA again. Especially with price drops, you need control over your booking and you don't have any control at all when booking thru a TA.

I usually do, but this was a "good deal" when I booked last year for this coming cruise....darn.... :( but it won't happen again, I'm "done" with a TA!! You are so right, it just doesn't work when you need to get hold of them quickly and after hours....soooo disappointing...

Has anyone ever submitted the price protection claim themselves, even though you booked through a TA? I know that the early saver form says that if you booked through a TA, to contact your TA and they will submit the claim for you. But you should have all of the information needed in order to submit the claim, so does it really matter who fills out the form?

You cannot swit6ch a booking FROM a TA to CCL without the TA agreeing to the switch. Good luck with that. And you cannot switch a booking from CCL to a TA after 30 or 60 days.

Archived