Samana - - Airport??

Sugar*Magnolia

Does anyone know how close the airport is to where Explorer docks?

We might have to fly our daughter in to DR if she has finals and cant board with us.

Any info would be great! Thanks,

the samana airport does only domestic , however the international ones are not that far away [ santo domingo- most flights and probably closest give new road; santiago, puerto plata, punta cana , and la romana]

i suggest you contact fred schad who is port agent for most cruise lines because the real issue is not how far the airport is or how to get from there to the tender dock in samana, but rather the modalities of embarking on a cruise ship in port under " yacht " priviledge [ most probably].........this can be very easy or very bureaucratic depending on soooooooooooooo many things, but fred would know and, if you were to proceed could help you out .

frederico schad, inc..............mail@fschad.com..............809 695 4509

Thank you so much for this information. How close is the airport in Santo Domingo? Is that the closest? Isnt Punta cana very south of Samana? I could be wrong, I was only there once!

i think as the crow flies maybe punta cana, but with the new toll road i believe sdq is best bet, once again, let the local gurus guide here

I think I should also contact Royal Caribbean. They might actually know if someone can or can not board because the ship is tendered. I forgot it was a tender port.

yet again, its not so much that she is at anchor , but rather that the local authorities get touchy re emigration/customs /etc ..............from personal experience i know it can be done in dr, but it took some coordination with a capital c ..............thats why i suggest getting port agent in the mix if you do want to go this route as they are really , as you know , the real " facilitators " while the boys and girls back at rcci [ or whatever line ] back in miami just tend to to say ok without checking or say no because its too much effort to follow up..................but again, i did it [ joined a cruise mid way for a few days] out of dr on 2 separate occasions [ santo domingo and puerto plata on NAC and Royal Viking albeit some years ago now and fred's dad was the facilitator .regards, don carlos

ST Thomas is easier to fly into and get a taxi to the pier

just make sure that this does not run into a jones act problem ............i am no expert [ they are few and far between ] but embarking at one us port and disembarking at another is a red flag .............do check

Archived