Hotels around Port Canaveral

tc50

The Radisson has a hotel near the port and offers free parking and shuttle to and from ship. Not sure about the quality of the hotel, though....some say great some say not so great. Country Inns and Suites is a bit closer to the port (we saw the ship from our window) and is a very clean hotel. It provides shuttle for $12.00, with free parking for your car.

There are a few other hotels, but not sure of quality.

Do a "port canaveral hotels" search and you will probably find one to your liking. Good luck in your search.

Chris

We stay at either The Residence Inn or Marriott Courtyard. Both offer transportation to the port through Travelynx and it's like $6 pp roundtrip and free parking. Very reliable. Marriott Courtyard is more reasonable than the Residence Inn and has a beautiful pool and on the ocean side if you want to go to the beach. Both hotels clean and safe.

We stayed at the Radisson last summer. The room was fine and included free parking and free breakfast - not that you need that on your way to a cruise :). The biggest drawback I found was that many people were using the service so it took a while to get on the shuttle both going to the port and when returning after the cruise. Have fun!

Does anyone have some info. on hotels around Port Canaveral that are reasonably priced and have shuttles from airport and to cruise terminal?

I see you are not a resident of FL. Are you flying in the day before? If so, I would suggest renting a car at Avis or Budget. Once you return your car there, they offer a shuttle that will take your group to the port.

Hertz will also do this but their rental agency in Orlando is not on the gounds of the airport and is less convenient.

Personally, we like Budget better than any.

You can get some discount codes from http://www.mousesavers.com

As far as the hotels are concerned, if you rent the car I would suggest Priceline and do a bid for a three star in the Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area. There is only 9 and you cannot miss on any of them. Back in May we got the Hilton on the beach for $75 each night for two nights.

Tim

Tim

Country Inn & Suites

9009 Astronauat Blvd.

Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

They have a stay & park price that came to around $107. :)

I would also recommend Country Inn and Suites - we have a 2nd stay booked with them for our cruise in March. Great place and wonderful staff - shuttle worked great for hotel to port and back. Not sure if they offer a shuttle from the airport. You can request a room with a view of the port if you call them directly.

We stayed at the Raddison. Free shuttle and parking. Room was fine. You make reservations for the going to the Port - first one was at 11:30 am - on the return - it was first come first served. only waited about 10 minutes.

Room was fine - nice pool with bar

Thanks to everyone for your responses. Sounds like most places offer shuttles to port, we may have to figure out the rest. Booking sights on line list places with airport shuttles but not port. Now we can narrow it down.

I did tons of research before selecting Radisson Resort at the Port, but following our experience upon returning from our cruise on August 8, I will never give them another chance! I posted the info under the Meet N Mingle thread for our cruise, but I've copied and pasted for your consideration:

We will NEVER, EVER stay at Radisson at the Port!!! LONG story short, since our wedding was July 31, we opted to stay there after the cruise (August 8). We disembarked the ship at 9:30, were through Customs, had our luggage, and were outside by 9:50, and went to wait for Radisson's shuttle where we were told we would be picked up. Since we had packed for 4 days before the cruise, plus the 7 days of the cruise, and 2 days following, we had 6 suitcases and multiple bags with all of our stuff. We were the first to the alleged pick up location, and a few other families arrived soon after. One person indicated the had called as they left the terminal and Raddison said a shuttle was on the way. 10:10 rolls around, and we've been waiting for 20 minutes - still no shuttle. At this point, my wife and I are beginning to become irritated. She calls and speaks with the manager at the hotel, who says the shuttle just left to pick us up. The shuttle FINALLY arrives at 10:35 (25 minutes after it allegedly left). At this point, there are random charter busses, cabs, and shuttle vans parked in the area we were told to wait, so we had to haul all of our stuff 6 spaces down. 6 spaces may not seem like a lot, but with all we had and just the two of us, it was more than enough to have to move. My wife waited with our stuff at the place we were told to wait for pickup, while I moved all our stuff to the shuttle. One the third and final trip, we barely caught the driver as he was sealing the doors to the trailer. Another 30 seconds and we probably would have been left behind. Once we finally get back to the Raddison, insead of sensibly dropping everybody off at one central location (such as the front of the hotel) and having the passengers pull their cars around to load up, we had to go to the back lot to drop off about half the bus load. This took about 15 minutes, as our driver had to sort through a trailer full of luggage to find everybody's bags. Once that was complete, he gets back in, drives about 200 feet, and somebody has to stop him to unload right in front of their car. Another 10 minutes pass, and we finally head to the front, where our car was. I pulled the car around while our wonderful driver unloaded our luggage. All in all, it was about 11:15 - so all of this took us 80 minutes to travel all of 2 miles. We were irate, so we went to the front desk and spoke to the manager, explained, in not so quiet of a way, of the nightmare we'd just experienced. Thankfully, they agreed to refund our night's stay with no penalty. Had it not been for the lobby-full of passengers waiting to board the shuttle, I doubt we would have had such success. We're both pretty easy to make happy, but an 45 minute wait and 30 minute unloading experience is plain unacceptable. I've come to the conclusion that Raddison baits you by getting you over to the Port for embarkation in a timely fashion, and simply forgets about those returning passengers, since typically they've already spent a night at the hotel. Next time, we'll pay a little more and head to Country Inn & Suites. I saw 3 shuttles for them come in the time we waited for Raddison at the Port!

After our experience with Radisson, I would give Marriott Residence Inn a try. If they were too expensive, I'd definitely be fine with Country Inn & Suites. Both are closer to the port and looked nice.

We will NEVER, EVER stay at Radisson at the Port!!!

.....All in all, it was about 11:15 - so all of this took us 80 minutes to travel all of 2 miles. We were irate, so we went to the front desk and spoke to the manager, explained, in not so quiet of a way, of the nightmare we'd just experienced. Thankfully, they agreed to refund our night's stay with no penalty. Had it not been for the lobby-full of passengers waiting to board the shuttle, I doubt we would have had such success. We're both pretty easy to make happy, but an 45 minute wait and 30 minute unloading experience is plain unacceptable. I've come to the conclusion that Raddison baits you by getting you over to the Port for embarkation in a timely fashion, and simply forgets about those returning passengers, since typically they've already spent a night at the hotel.

Fortunately for us, this has never happened at the Radisson and hopefully never will. It sucks when you have a bad experience at a hotel, cruise, and so forth.

One couple of our group did have an issue one time and they gave all three of our group the night free. They did not have to do this but insisted. The one group had right to complain and should have gotten their room free but not the rest but as I stated, they insisted.

I would be more than happy to stay there again.

Tim

Out hotel of choice in Cape Canaveral is the Residence Inn by Marriott. We rent a car from Budget or Avis and drive to the hotel. We return the car near the port, and the rental company shuttles us to the pier. Very easy and cost effective.

We stayed at the Radisson (click on my Freedom cruise link in my signature to learn about our experience in more detail), and thought it was "fine." Would I go back... maybe, if the price was right and I only needed a night or two. I prefer newer/updated hotels (perhaps it is better since we stayed in January if they've renovated all their rooms?), but the Radisson was comfortable enough for us. If you are looking for a great value, then this fits the bill. Clean (mostly) rooms with a free shuttle (we didn't take the shuttle - decided on the morning of our cruise to pay for the convenience of parking at the port).

Radisson was fine for us. Room was clean. Pool area was very nice. We ordered dinner from our seats by the pool. It was great.

The shuttle issue is partly planning and partly luck. We had read to make sure to call before you get there to get a ressie for an early shuttle before the mobs hit. We left the Radisson about 10:00 with no hassle.

When we disembarked the ship, the shuttle was waiting right there and we just jumped on. there was about a 10 minute wait to fill up, and we were gone. Of course, we disembark at the earliest time to beat the rush.

They always unload in the back parking lot as that is where the cars are. No problem for us. Again, planning and luck both necessary. It was worth it as we paid under $100 for the room and had free parking for a week.

Next cruise we are staying at the Residence Inn on points. I will miss the Radisson's pool area!

We stayed at Radisson last year and plan to again next year. When we disembarked (and we tried to do it at the end), there were a number of folks waiting for the shuttle. It pulled up a few minutes into the wait. There were a large number of people trying to get on. I told my mom to get on the shuttle and we would take care of everything else. As it turned out there were to many people and too much luggage to get on. The driver asked the driver of another shuttle (car rental company) if they would help transport the overflow passengers. My father, husband and myself got on this one with our luggage and we pulled out immediately behind the Radisson shuttle. There was one irate passenger FURIOUS that he was there first and should have been allowed on the first shuttle (I don't know why he wasn't on it to begin with). We literally pulled into the hotel parking lot immediately behind the first one.

So, I guess each situation is different.

Erika

anyone experience LaQuinta, Cocoa Beach next to the pier?

I usually stay at the Best Western,right next to LaQuinta......its a super location........right next to the pier for eating and drinking......you can see the ships going out to see from there.........several shops,inc Public is within walking distance............GREAT location..

Can I add a restaurant recommendation to this thread??? The staff at the Residence Inn directed us to an inexpensive family-style Italian restaurant that's popular with the locals (not tourist-y) called A New York Pizza House. It's on Rt 528 on the northwest corner of A1A, diagonally across from Ron Jon's Surf Shop. We got there every time we're in the area, as it is excellent!!!

Archived