Shareholder OBC?

mclinns04

Just how big of a shareholder do you have to be to get OBC, and how much do you get? Do you also get discounted fares? I've see this referred to often and have always wondered. Do the shares have to be Carnival or do her sister companies count? Would you contact a broker or is this something else they sell on board? So many questions!!!

100 Shares. I know you get $100.00 on board credit for 7 & 8 night cruises. I think it is $50 for the 3-5 day & maybe $75 for 6 day cruises. I purchased the shares a couple of years ago and I figure I have made more money with my credit than I would have if it was sitting in my savings account. They are supposed to be reinstating the dividends which would be nice also. I only got a couple of those before they stopped.

Just how big of a shareholder do you have to be to get OBC, and how much do you get? Do you also get discounted fares? I've see this referred to often and have always wondered. Do the shares have to be Carnival or do her sister companies count? Would you contact a broker or is this something else they sell on board? So many questions!!!

It is 100 shares of Carnival Corporation stock...It's $50 for 6 days or less--$100 for 7-13 days and $250 for 14 days or longer... You can use it on Carnival, Princess,Holland American,Yachts of Seaborne,Cunard, Costa Cruises..In Europe it's Costa, Iada and Ibero also P &O and Ocean Villiage....They have just started paying dividends again and the stock has been going up and down..I bought it at about $38 and now it's $32.47 but we have gotten over $1,000 back in OBC already....Dennis

• 3 weeks later...
And all you have to do is send them a recent statement showing you still own the shares.

You can do this thru a brokerage house. Do not sell stock on board a ship.

Who do you show this to and when? I have an old 403b t thought I'd roll over into a IRA and I get to pick the investments. 100 shares of Carnival would give me some nice tax-free "glicken" to enjoy while I work my way toward retirement.

Must you show your shares to someone at booking or sailing (or both)?

I'm already booked on one cruise and plan on sailing twice next year. It would be a nice treat if it wasn't too late to set up my IRA in time to take advantage of OBC this November.

Who do you show this to and when? I have an old 403b t thought I'd roll over into a IRA and I get to pick the investments. 100 shares of Carnival would give me some nice tax-free "glicken" to enjoy while I work my way toward retirement.

Must you show your shares to someone at booking or sailing (or both)?

I'm already booked on one cruise and plan on sailing twice next year. It would be a nice treat if it wasn't too late to set up my IRA in time to take advantage of OBC this November.

Just fax a recent brokerage statement to carnival. This is a copy of what my PVP sent me and it works great! Be sure to black out your account number and any other info you do not care to share.

Send it in with the booking information to

Carnival Cruise Lines

ATT: Research Supervisor

Reservations Administration, MSRZ-250s

3655 N.W. 87 Avenue

Miami, FL 33178-2428

Fax Number: 305 406-6477

This is over a three thousand dollar investment. Please do not buy the stock simply for this perk. It also helps to do research about the company as well as getting information about trading stocks in general. The commissions on this simple transaction can range from about $7 to $60. Know what you are doing before buying.

It is really nice. A bonus for shareholder who also partake in actual Carnival Cruises.

The dividends have started again.

I booked a back to back on the Destiny and got $50 per 5 day cruise ($100 total).

However with that said, I want to give you one piece of advice:

1. Never take financial advice from an anonymous internet forum.

Get it? Good.

Archived