Watershoes

teach01

I recall, but cannot find a thread that disscussed water shoes. I also recall someone discussin and showing a picture of a sneaker type shoe that was both good for water as well as walking. Am I crazy or does anyone else remember this or know what I am talking about?

Thanks in advance

I own these shoes, and they are just as sturdy and comfortable as they appear in the catalog. Granted, they are not fashionable or attractive, but they stay on and protect your feet during water sports. I recommend them highly. One important note: Lands End shoes do not necessarily run true to size. I'm small but not pixie-sized, and I can wear a child's Lands' End shoe (which also costs less). Since Sears now sells Lands End merchandise, you might want to go there to try on them on for size.

I own these shoes, and they are just as sturdy and comfortable as they appear in the catalog. Granted, they are not fashionable or attractive, but they stay on and protect your feet during water sports. I recommend them highly. One important note: Lands End shoes do not necessarily run true to size. I'm small but not pixie-sized, and I can wear a child's Lands' End shoe (which also costs less). Since Sears now sells Lands End

merchandise, you might want to go there to try on them on for size.

Thanks for the info, what is your acutal shoe size and what size did you order from Land's End? Also, do you know if Sears sales these shoes in store?

Thanks

I just bought a pair of the lands end water sneakers at Sears yesterday. For women my store only had two colors - white and sort of a teal blue. They also had a few shades in the slip on version which is slightly different. FOr me they had black, navy, and maybe white. I wear a 7 1/2 usually and got the 7. They only had whole sizes.

As for the other post, I have two pairs of Keen shoes and love them. I have the closed clog style for winter and the backless sandal (similar to the one in the pic but with no back) for the summer. They sell a water version that can get totally wet (versus mine which are resistent I believe). Downside is that they are quite pricey (around $75). But a good choice also.

I just got back from Sears. My husband and I both bought the Lands End water shoes. They were $29.95 each pair, ladies' or men's. I normally wear an 8 1/2, so I got an 8. If you wear a 1/2 size, order the lower whole size. I like the slip on style even better; but I don't think they would have stayed on as well in the water, so I got the string kind. Mike and I both put them on and wore them while shopping in the mall. They were quite comfortable, but I'm going to wear them every day to completely break them in before we leave next week. :D

Walmart has water shoes for about $5.00 a pair. I got mine there before leaving for Jamaica and Dunn's River Falls. They worked out great.

Our Walmart is loaded with water shoes right now. If you want them, better get them before the season starts because then you won't find them. I just picked up an extra pair for jetskiing. You can't beat the $5 price tag!!!! Nice looking too!!

I also bought the 5 buck water shoes for the DH and myself a few years ago. Not for the cruise, though I also plan on bringing them along for our June cruise this year and our Dunn River Falls excursion.

I bought them for fishing the flats in Florida.

We often wade fish off the boat, and after too many oyster cuts on my poor little tootsies, I finally bought the shoes. I keep them in our boat, and totally enjoy thier protection. If they can survive walking on sharp oyster beds, they will definatley protect your feet on the well worn rocks of the falls!

Cheers!

I found them online at http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=CLTH&pid=086AAETW000They look great and I love the colors. I'm going to see if I can find them at our local Sears store. Thanks for telling everyone about them.

Thanks for the info, I ordered them today. Last year I had a pair of water shoes from a local department store nd by the end of the third day, my feet were bleeding. These seem like water/sneakers and more supportave. Thanks again :)

Sherrie

I have had a pair on the water sandles from Nike for about 4 years now - great for the cruise, I can walk in them for hours - downside if you are climbing the falls you will want closed shoes because the sand and rocks are forced into the open one - learned that the hard way. A five dollar pair from walmart would work great for the falls.

I just got back from Sears. My husband and I both bought the Lands End water shoes. They were $29.95 each pair, ladies' or men's. I normally wear an 8 1/2, so I got an 8. If you wear a 1/2 size, order the lower whole size. I like the slip on style even better; but I don't think they would have stayed on as well in the water, so I got the string kind. Mike and I both put them on and wore them while shopping in the mall. They were quite comfortable, but I'm going to wear them every day to completely break them in before we leave next week. :D

I had seen a post on another thread about these shoes (Lands End Sea to Shore) so I went to our local Sears and they had shoes that looked like the picture and they only had the light blue and white and then they had the slip ons in the colors you described. The box did not say Sea to Shore shoe so I asked the girl that was working and she told me those weren't the Sea to shore shoe and told me they didn't carry them...but looked similar. She said would be glad to order them for me. I haven't bought any yet. I am tempted to run to Sears tomorrow and get them but I want to make sure they are Sea to Shore.

Also try Sierra Trading Post online. They have clearances on good quality items from several manufacturers. We get our Tevas through them usually. You need to check often and not be overly concerned with color, but the prices are excellent. They have several good water shoes (slip on and lace up) right now.

DH has a pair of Sea to Shore. He loves that the laces are adjustable rather than tie. Never have to worry about them untying at an inconvenient time. Another friend has some and practically lives in them. They are on Land's End online (check the overstocks first).

beachchick

Archived