Fairbanks post cruise

Libbywithnall

Hoping someone can help. We are cruising with RCCL, arriving into Fairbanks at 7am and trying to find out if RCCL offer a Vancouver tour before airport drop off, or is this something we could do/organise ourselves? Our option is to stay one night in Fairbanks before flying back to LA the next day before our 10pm flight to Sydney. Any advice is most welcome.

Libby

Hi,

RCCL offer a few tours post cruise in Vancouver with airport drop off, dependent on how much time you have before check in. We used an all day one and it was awesome, dropped off around 530pm.

PS You can edit a post 15 minutes after submitting it. There is a link to edit it then another button that says 'Go advanced' where you can also edit the title :)

If my memory serves me, RCI offered a couple of post cruise tours that included a drop off at Vancouver airport for late afternoon or evening flights. We opted to stay in Vancouver for two nights at the Marriott Pinnacle; took the HOHO bus tour of the city our first day and a fabulous whole day tour to Whistler the following day. Our flight home to Boston via Seattle left Vancouver at 6:30 am so it was an early departure from the hotel to the airport on Sunday morning but there was no traffic and no lines at the airport or security or US Customs and Immigration, so we were on schedule and arrived in Boston a little after 5 pm EDT. Hope your trip is as great as ours was. Several in our group claim it was their best vacation to date.:)

We had an EXCELLENT post-cruise tour of Vancouver with West Coast Sightseeing (http://www.westcoastsightseeing.com/). The bus picked us up at Canada Place with all of our luggage, which was a huge plus, and we saw some great city highlights over a time of about 4 1/2 hours.

In our case, we got dropped off at the train station, but others on our bus were headed to the airport or hotels in Vancouver.

You can see pictures of our tour at http://milford_cruiser.home.comcast.net - check the Vancouver link.

In Vancouver you can tour independently. There is luggage storage at Canada Place. Then the option for various touring to consider. Easy to then, just take the transit train to the Airport. You do need a 2 hour window at the airport, at least. Especially on cruiseship days.

We had an EXCELLENT post-cruise tour of Vancouver with West Coast Sightseeing (http://www.westcoastsightseeing.com/). The bus picked us up at Canada Place with all of our luggage, which was a huge plus, and we saw some great city highlights over a time of about 4 1/2 hours.

In our case, we got dropped off at the train station, but others on our bus were headed to the airport or hotels in Vancouver.

You can see pictures of our tour at http://milford_cruiser.home.comcast.net - check the Vancouver link.

Which tour did you take in Vancouver? Was it the City Highlights Tour? I have talked to you before...(I'm taking the same Cruisetour). I have read your review and everything that you did seems like exactly the same things we wanted to do. -Day in Vancouver, train to Seattle and stay the night.

Thanks! And I'm sure that I will be in touch with you some more. You have GREAT advice!

Which tour did you take in Vancouver? Was it the City Highlights Tour? I have talked to you before...(I'm taking the same Cruisetour). I have read your review and everything that you did seems like exactly the same things we wanted to do. -Day in Vancouver, train to Seattle and stay the night.

Thanks! And I'm sure that I will be in touch with you some more. You have GREAT advice!

Thanks for the compliment, and Yes - we did the city highlights tour, booked independently.

BQ is right, you can do it all independently, but we appreciated the services of an excellent (and hysterical) tour guide and the "no hassle" approach with the luggage.

Archived