What is the cost of a passenger change?

I love my cat Licky

Recently asked the exact same question of my TA and this is her email response to me. I had saved it in my travel folder in case it becomes an issue for us:

According to Allison @ X, as long as they're advised more than 5 days

prior to sailing date and one of the names remains the same, they would

not charge a penalty to change the 2nd person's name.

Recently asked the exact same question of my TA and this is her email response to me. I had saved it in my travel folder in case it becomes an issue for us:

According to Allison @ X, as long as they're advised more than 5 days

prior to sailing date and one of the names remains the same, they would

not charge a penalty to change the 2nd person's name.

This was not our experience a year or so ago. I would call Celebrity and ask. We were told when we called Celebrity that we had to cancel the reservation and rebook at whatever the current rates were. Didn't think it was fair but apparently it is in the fine print of the contract. Whether it has changed, or whether our contact was wrong, I do not know, but that is what we were told.

This was not our experience a year or so ago. I would call Celebrity and ask. We were told when we called Celebrity that we had to cancel the reservation and rebook at whatever the current rates were. Didn't think it was fair but apparently it is in the fine print of the contract. Whether it has changed, or whether our contact was wrong, I do not know, but that is what we were told.

My experience has been that, as long as one of the names on the reservation remains the same, you can change the name of the other(s) at no penalty, as long as it is done more than 4 days (i.e. five days) before the sail date.

We have done this once with no problems.

My experience has been that, as long as one of the names on the reservation remains the same, you can change the name of the other(s) at no penalty, as long as it is done more than 4 days (i.e. five days) before the sail date.

We have done this once with no problems.

Glad to hear it. Perhaps the rules have changed, or it is also possible that our contact that time gave us bad information. I will keep it in mind should we ever encounter the situation again

So if a man's wife could not go he could substitute his mother, but if a woman's husband couldn't go she could not substitute her mother. How is that fair? There should be different criteria other than name.

Clemm -- I think you misunderstand. They aren't saying that the last names have to match. They are saying that if Tom and Mary were booked, and Tom can't go, as long as Mary still goes anyone else can take Tom's place. One of the passengers has to be the same as on the original booking. If Tom and Mary both can't go, Fred and Ginger cannot take the booking.

Clemm -- I think you misunderstand. They aren't saying that the last names have to match. They are saying that if Tom and Mary were booked, and Tom can't go, as long as Mary still goes anyone else can take Tom's place. One of the passengers has to be the same as on the original booking. If Tom and Mary both can't go, Fred and Ginger cannot take the booking.

Ohhhhh. Now I get it. That's much better.

So if a man's wife could not go he could substitute his mother, but if a woman's husband couldn't go she could not substitute her mother. How is that fair? There should be different criteria other than name.

I think they mean one name of a person in the cabin. You can't both cancel and just turn it over to someone else.

Customer service often gives information not entirely correct. If I think they are wrong, I say thank you, hang up and get someone else. Usually I know the answer before I call from cruise critic.

But it would be fun to see Fred and Ginger on the cruise!

Archived