Vatican on sunday

katmich12

We will be on a cruise Sept. of 2011. Our day in Rome is a Sunday. I have read that the Vatican Museum is closed on Sundays. Does that affect seeing the Sistine Chapel?

It's open on the last Sunday of the month with free admission.

Sistine Chapel is part of the Vatican Museum.

Here you have the closure days:

http://mv.vatican.va/3_EN/pages/z-Info/MV_Info_Orari.html

Regards

HeinBloed

It's open on the last Sunday of the month with free admission.

Sistine Chapel is part of the Vatican Museum.

Here you have the closure days:

http://mv.vatican.va/3_EN/pages/z-Info/MV_Info_Orari.htmlhttp://mv.vatican.va/3_EN/pages/z-Info/MV_Info_Orari.html

Regards

HeinBloed

Sorry to see that Sunday, Oct. 2 is a day the Museum is closed. What a disappointment to miss these treasures. Thanks for the information.

On the other hand most Sundays at around noon the Pope appears on a window over he square to bless the pilgrims, etc. Even for non-catholics it is interesting to see and hear the Pope who is, after all, also a head of State. St Peter's basilica tend to open only after 13:00 on Sundays too and many of the churches are helding services that day

What time does the Pope usually appear?

katmich12 - Is Rome (Civitavecchia) your arrival/departure port, or are you boarding in another country? If Rome, I suggest you stay over a night or two before/after the cruise and then you can see the Vatican. Shame to miss it!.

What time does the Pope usually appear?

katmich12 - Is Rome (Civitavecchia) your arrival/departure port, or are you boarding in another country? If Rome, I suggest you stay over a night or two before/after the cruise and then you can see the Vatican. Shame to miss it!.

We are on the Celebrity Solstice in Sept. of 2011. It is RT Barcelona so we will only have one day. We will be with Rome In Limo so I'm sure they will have a plan.

We are on the Celebrity Solstice in Sept. of 2011. It is RT Barcelona so we will only have one day. We will be with Rome In Limo so I'm sure they will have a plan.

I feel sure RIL will take care of you. You will still be able to see the square and the Basilica. That's just as amazing to me, as the Vatican and chapel. ;)

Archived