drink packages etc

jpinperth

Hi fellow cruisers,

Can anyone tell me what the charge is for a soft drink package? Is there a package for other drinks ie virgin drinks, wines, beer etc?

I've heard that there's a charge to use the bowling onboard, any idea the costs?

Thanks

Jim

Softdrink packages are $4 per day for kids (12 and under) and $6.25 per everyone over 12. Plus 15% tip. You have to purchase this for the entire cruise (7 days), you can not purchase it for a portion of the cruise.

Soda's are $2 each, so for our 13 year olds, they had to drink 4 soda's per day to make it worthwhile. We purchased it for 1 of our 3 kids.

Bowling is $5 per person per game.

Drink ice tea for a few days (it's better for you anyway), and then once you get to port, seek out grocery stores or gift shops that sell soda in bottles. While more expensive than you'll find at home, they're still cheaper than buying it on the ship, and they let you bring it on board. There's ice and the minifridge to keep it cold.

Just a thought... That's what we did. (Also bring water bottles with you to fill with the soda.)

I love a good passion fruit juice, that comes in a powdery concentrate such as: sweet ice tea, crystal or lemonade does. Add the ships H20 and you have answer. So easy to carry, light, inexpressive, an individualized tasty drink or have into a water bottle.

* Think about it....carrying big heavy bottles vs or 6 oz packets. You decide. Merci.

Is mountain dew available? What is offered in the arcade vending machine?

This is all they offer for the soda package, so I'm assuming it's what's on board:

Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

If you have a soda pass do they only let you get one drink at a time? Just thinking if I buy my daughter a soda pass she's 13 if I want a drink as well whether they will let her get two drinks?

From what I've read, you can only get 1 drink per card. So unless you have 2 cards in your hand when you go up to get a drink, you'll only get 1 card. Which of course makes sense because everyone would be doing that and they would be loosing money on selling more drink cards.

If you have a soda pass do they only let you get one drink at a time? Just thinking if I buy my daughter a soda pass she's 13 if I want a drink as well whether they will let her get two drinks?

They only give you one drink at a time. My son tried to get 2 just so he didn't have to get in line again, but they only gave him one.

Archived