Venting About Carnival Vacation Planners

In2why

I just got off the phone with Carnival for the 3rd time today. We wanted to upgrade our cabin and then book 3 of our family members into the one we were vacating since there were no other 7A's left. The first person we spoke with said that she could do it but it would cost us over 100 more for the 7A booking. Even though they were just moving from a 7A double to a 7A triple. I figured same price just add a 3rd cruiser fare. Hung up the phone and thought about it. Called back. This person said that there wasn't an extra charge because they were moving in the same category so there wasn't a difference in price...but ooops...we can't put them in your cabin and move you because then they would be 3 people in a quad. Hmmmm. Hung up the phone and got online too see what other triples were available and guess what they show me a few quads. So I call back and this time, 3rd person was a charm. No problem putting 2 people in your quad, if we want to upgrade our cabin. Switched it all and got confirmation. So on that score I am happy. But why do 3 different people who work for the same company with the same computer system have 3 different responses? This is crazy and wasted about 2 hours of my day. :confused::confused:

Something similar happened to me. We were going to upgrade to a premium corner balcony for our cruise on the freedom. The first time I called I was quoted about $500 to upgrade. I Hung up to talk it over with my g/f and we decided to do it, but when I called back 10 min later the price went to about $900 more..... Weird:confused:

I have some cruise certificates that I want to apply to a deposit...and they specifically say that I can in fact use them for a deposit. I've called six times now...hoping maybe the next time I'll be able to do it? lol:)

You actually have to have a booking number to apply it to. You should be able to make your booking, give them your certificate # and they will tell you to mail it in. They will note your booking that certificate is on its way. Good luck

Quote:

Originally Posted by going to see the world

I have some cruise certificates that I want to apply to a deposit...and they specifically say that I can in fact use them for a deposit. I've called six times now...hoping maybe the next time I'll be able to do it? lol

You actually have to have a booking number to apply it to. You should be able to make your booking, give them your certificate # and they will tell you to mail it in. They will note your booking that certificate is on its way. Good luck

That's what I don't understand though...I can understand it, but why does it say that I can use them for my deposit if I can't? That's what is bugging me, lol. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by going to see the world

I have some cruise certificates that I want to apply to a deposit...and they specifically say that I can in fact use them for a deposit. I've called six times now...hoping maybe the next time I'll be able to do it? lol

That's what I don't understand though...I can understand it, but why does it say that I can use them for my deposit if I can't? That's what is bugging me, lol. :)

The deposit for example on Es 250.00 ea x2=500.00 Make booking..they will note your cert # and tell them to charge your credit card 400.00 and you send in certificate. Total 500.00

This is just one more reason why we use a TA. We deal with the same TA for every cruise and anytime I call her she is more than willing to do just about anything for us. With the VP's you call and talk to someone different every time. I prefer the more personal touch of the TA. Sorry to hear of you problem and hope you get it taken care of.

This is just one more reason why we use a TA. We deal with the same TA for every cruise and anytime I call her she is more than willing to do just about anything for us. With the VP's you call and talk to someone different every time. I prefer the more personal touch of the TA. Sorry to hear of you problem and hope you get it taken care of.

You are not entirely correct. We have a PVP who takes care of us. He is wonderful and we would not trade him for anything. When I call Carnival, I dial the 800 number and then punch in his extension. I get the same personal touch from him as I am sure you do with your TA.

We did our first cruise through a group that was handled by a TA. We had no problems with her and she did a terrific job. For our second cruise, I had learned here about PVP's. I called Carnival and got connected with a female PVP. I told her I wanted four specific cabins. She told me that she couldn't give me specific cabins, that I would be assigned a guarantee but not a cabin. I told her I didn't want a guarantee, I wanted specific cabins. She said that I would have to pay more for them and that I was crazy for wanting specific cabins. Again, I told her I wanted specific cabins or I wasn't going to book. She tried her best to sell me a guarantee instead of what I wanted. I hung up and called the TA and within an hour, I had the four cabins I wanted. I will never use a PVP just for that reason.

Some say I should have called again and gotten another PVP. Why take the chance when I know the TA can do what I want, when I want without having to keep calling.

We did our first cruise through a group that was handled by a TA. We had no problems with her and she did a terrific job. For our second cruise, I had learned here about PVP's. I called Carnival and got connected with a female PVP. I told her I wanted four specific cabins. She told me that she couldn't give me specific cabins, that I would be assigned a guarantee but not a cabin. I told her I didn't want a guarantee, I wanted specific cabins. She said that I would have to pay more for them and that I was crazy for wanting specific cabins. Again, I told her I wanted specific cabins or I wasn't going to book. She tried her best to sell me a guarantee instead of what I wanted. I hung up and called the TA and within an hour, I had the four cabins I wanted. I will never use a PVP just for that reason.

Some say I should have called again and gotten another PVP. Why take the chance when I know the TA can do what I want, when I want without having to keep calling.

If a TA works for you that is great. However you seem to have found a pvp who had no idea what she was doing.

You are not entirely correct. We have a PVP who takes care of us. He is wonderful and we would not trade him for anything. When I call Carnival, I dial the 800 number and then punch in his extension. I get the same personal touch from him as I am sure you do with your TA.

Ditto! ;)

We always use the same PVP. He is really good, knows our likes and dislikes. Calls occasionally just to say 'Hi' and ask if I have any questions.

Wish I could give you his name. :p

Luv's Crusin'

My first PVP was excellent, she got promoted. I liked the next one but she quit before our cruise and the one they gave me was horrible. Have had several since and they have all been good. My last one I had for several cruises and I liked her a lot but she didn't always know all the things that I have learned on Cruise Critic! She sent me a message that she is no longer with Carnival so now I will have to find another PVP. I have used online TA's twice and neither was as good as the worst PVP I have had. So I will take my chances with a new PVP.

If you find a TA that you like then there is no reason to change. I have just found it easier to deal directly with Carnival even if you have to make a few phone calls to get the right answer.

Archived