FOS: Midnight Snack?

So, I'm leavin on the 29th, and I was wondering what the best place is for a midnight snack on Freedom of the Seas. Whenever I'm drinking, I need some late-night fuel. Any tips? I remember there were midnight buffets on all the other cruises I've been on, but that was 7+ years ago.

My stomach thanks you

Sorrentos has amazing pizza and tiramisu dessert cups (other kinds available too) around the clock. Great for after dinner snacks. Cafe Promenade has great sandwiches and cookies.

not only good choices, but perhaps your only choices aside from room service (but I may be wrong)

So, I'm leavin on the 29th, and I was wondering what the best place is for a midnight snack on Freedom of the Seas. Whenever I'm drinking, I need some late-night fuel. Any tips? I remember there were midnight buffets on all the other cruises I've been on, but that was 7+ years ago.

My stomach thanks you

Promenade Cafe!!!!! It was always my favorite late night stop after one too many jack n cokes at the schooner bar. Their mini sandwiches are so yummy....or at least they are after a few drinks ;).

On the Freedom of the Seas my husband made a nightly habit of stopping at the Cafe Promenade and having the ham sandwhiches on a crouissant. His technique was as follows:

Order 4 ham sandwhiches, take the toppings off of two of them and place on the other two and toss the two naked crouissants away. .Eat the two re-created sandwhiches that are now double the size, minus the excess bread! Enjoy...the freedom is incredible.

On the Freedom of the Seas my husband made a nightly habit of stopping at the Cafe Promenade and having the ham sandwhiches on a crouissant. His technique was as follows:

Order 4 ham sandwhiches, take the toppings off of two of them and place on the other two and toss the two naked crouissants away. .Eat the two re-created sandwhiches that are now double the size, minus the excess bread! Enjoy...the freedom is incredible.

LOL.... your husband makes me proud!! :D

Sorrento's is not opened 24/7. It usually opens around 11:00am and closes around 2 or 3 am. So it's open for lunch thru late night snack. It's great after the shows because everyone goes there then and the pizzas are hot right out of the oven and they keep them coming. Lynda

Your husband's name isn't Dagwood, is it? :p Actually, I'll try this on my next Voyager of the Seas cruise in December. I like this. I remember the sandwiches being good but not particularly thick. I wish they had made-to-order sandwiches, but this would cause much longer lines I suppose.

I love the shrimp salad sandwiches. I always order two, then dump all the salad on one sandwich and throw away the extra bread. Glad I'm not the only one!

Wouldn't it be less wasteful if you ordered two sandwiches with some extra ham and no bread on the side?

OR

A shrimp salad sandwich with extra shrimp salad and no bread on the side??

Wouldn't it be less wasteful if you ordered two sandwiches with some extra ham and no bread on the side?

OR

A shrimp salad sandwich with extra shrimp salad and no bread on the side??

The sandwhiches aren't made to order, they are already made in a case. If you want double meat, you have to order the extra sandwhiches.

Is this place also free?

You must pay for specialty coffee drinks such as those offered by Seattle's Best, but general plain black coffee is offered at no charge and is available in the main dining room, Windjammer Cafe and the Cafe Promenade.

Cafe Promenade offers the sandwiches (and pastries in the morning) 24 hrs. Sorrentos closes around 3am, but most of the bars are closed before than anyway (besides maybe the Crypt). You can get room service anytime, but there is a $3.95 charge between midnight-5am.

Archived