Asia shore tours

ozzicruiser

I have just booked the Asia cruise on Diamond Princess.

This cruise is the 12th cruise I've been on.

I've been looking at the shore tours and there are no prices listed, this is the first cruise ship that doesn't display their prices.:confused:

Can anyone help me with prices of the shore tours.

The cruise 16 nights, it starts in Beijing on 19th Nov 2010 and ends in Singapore.

Many thanks in advance

I've been looking at the shore tours and there are no prices listed, this is the first cruise ship that doesn't display their prices.:confused:

The cruise 16 nights, it starts in Beijing on 19th Nov 2010 and ends in Singapore.

Many thanks in advance

Hi , I'd say that booking for your cruise aren't open yet, that's why prices aren't listed. It's the same for my cruise on the Diamond Princess on December 5. Just keep checking your Cruise Personaliser, they will appear soon. Have a great cruise and look after her for me!

Many thanks in advance

We are on that cruise 4 Oct and we have all the excursion details,so they should be on the princess website as the prive is the same till next spring it says.

If you want I could email them to you but they are all expensive and would recommend private tours which can be found on the cruise critic Diamond threads

I have looked but there are no prices only discription of the tours

so if you could send me the prices it would be greatly appreciated.

I almost booked 4 Oct but because of work committements I had to go with 19th Nov.

Do I give you my email address on this site? for everyone to see???:eek:

I almost booked 4 Oct but because of work committements I had to go with 19th Nov.

I have more than one email address,so I can use one for private things.

IF you send your email address to tomsue417@hotmail.com

• 4 weeks later...

Many thanks in advance

Log into Princess Cruises and have a look in your cruise personalizer. All the tours and prices are there now.

Diana & I are doing the same cruise, but also continuing onto Sydney.

See you on board.

Rob.

You will be far happier with your Nov. 19 cruise. The first week of October is the largest holiday in China. Beijing is packed, packed, packed. Hotel rooms are at a premium, tourist sights are clogged with people. Been there, done that once during Golden Week (it was a combined pleasure/business trip). NEVER, NEVER again.

We are on the Diamond next Saturday from Alaska to Beijing. We are deliberately getting off the ship in Vladivostak Russia. Two reasons-first, I want to ride the Trans Siberian RR. But an even bigger reason was the extreme price jacking that goes on during Golden Week. As more and more Chinese have moved into the middle class, they now travel by trains to Beijing during Golden Week. And EVERYONE seems to raise their prices. My favorite hotel in Beijing (Raffles Beijing Hotel) can usually be booked for about $250 per night in an executive level room with free cocktails, food, breakfast and airport pickup. The prices this year START at $400.00 during Golden Week.

Many thanks in advance

I just booked this cruise for our 20 year anniversary (Halloween 2011). We have always wanted to go to many of those places AND there are sea days peppered in between the entire itinerary so it is just a win-win.

But I was thinking that this actually may be one itinerary will I will use Princess for tours...never thought I would say that!!!!!!

Do you think most people on these types of cruises (this itinerary) are more likely to use Princess tours instead of doing their own research like so many other countries (where English is not their first language either).

Anyway, I know it is a long ways away, but we got the cabin we wanted (E728) and we wanted something special for our 20th so....this sure fits the bill, although I realize that so many things can change before Oct 2011...especially knowing that Princess has cancelled some of their own itineraries (which worked out to our favor for our Brazilian cruise in March 2011 for Carnival).

Dawn

Log into Princess Cruises and have a look in your cruise personalizer. All the tours and prices are there now.

Diana & I are doing the same cruise, but also continuing onto Sydney.

See you on board.

Rob.

First of all I would like to thank everyone who responded.

Rob & Diana we are also part of the group doing the tour in Vietnam and will also take part in the river cruise if someone looks into it.

Josie;)

Do you think most people on these types of cruises (this itinerary) are more likely to use Princess tours instead of doing their own research like so many other countries (where English is not their first language either).

We did a Princess cruise from Shanghai to Tokyo with stops in China (two stops), South Korea, Russia, and three cities in Japan before Tokyo.

On our active Cruise Critic roll call, there was not one private tour being organized.

There were some Japanese natives on the roll call, and when one of them looked into private tours, he could only find tours that were even more expensive than Princess tours.

We brought the Diamond over to Alaska this season doing a 39 day run from Bangkok to Vancouver. We did all private tours with no hitchs and had a great time. Please look at the Roll call for the April 14th Diamond cruise for all the vendors that we used. WAVTAM

Archived