Crown Grill on the Ruby Princess

bmccarthy

My husband and I are going on the Ruby Princess in October for our anniversary. It will be our first Princess cruise, so we aren't familiar with the dining menus. We really enjoy seafood and don't want to miss formal nights in the dining room. We have enjoyed the dining experience in Chops on Royal Caribbean and would like to try the Crown Grill one night to celebrate our anniversary. We just don't know which night is the best to miss in the dining room. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Beth

In our experience, we like all the menues in the MDR. I'd suggest you just pick a night that is a port day (so it won't be a formal night). Also, you can have dinner in the Grill, then go have dinner in the MDR later. :D Nobody keeps track of where and how much you eat. :eek:

My husband and I are going on the Ruby Princess in October for our anniversary. It will be our first Princess cruise, so we aren't familiar with the dining menus. We really enjoy seafood and don't want to miss formal nights in the dining room. We have enjoyed the dining experience in Chops on Royal Caribbean and would like to try the Crown Grill one night to celebrate our anniversary. We just don't know which night is the best to miss in the dining room. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Beth

Beth, we usually skip what is Princess' Caribbean theme night to go to Crown Grill. You will love it and the Ruby is a beautiful ship!

Janette

Beth, we usually skip what is Princess' Caribbean theme night to go to Crown Grill. You will love it and the Ruby is a beautiful ship!

Janette

Janette,

Do you remember which night is Caribbean night?

Thanks,

Beth

My Wife and I have just got off the Ruby, we tried the crown grill and it was fantastic. The food was a step above what you get in the MDR (as you would expect for the cover charge! which in my opinion is quite reasonable for the quality of food)

The MDR food was great every night. An excellent standard when you consider the massive amount of food they prepare. This was our first cruise and we were impressed by the variety, different menu each night in addition to a number of very good 'alternative choices' (available each night)

In Hindsight i would have missed the first formal night and gone to the crown grill, the MDR gets very busy on formal nights and you will notice the waiters getting rushed off their feet, we did find the service dropped a notch as you would expect. Maybe the speciality restaurants would avoid this. ?

On a side note: if you can stomach an extra meal after the crown grill i would be very impressed! (i was off to bed for a sleep!)

Hope this helps.

We sometimes go to one of the specialty restaurants the first night; with Anytime Dining the first night is usually complete chaos and the specialty rooms are empty. We always hit the Bayou on the first night on Coral/Island.

LOVED the Crown last year on Ruby. Well worth the surcharge. Think we'll go twice this year. I'd also vote for Caribbean night, or French night. Probably my least favorites of the bunch.

Cheers,

Kirsten

We are looking to go to Crown Grill, but being new to Princess don't know which night is the best to miss in the dining room. A couple people recommended going during Caribbean night or French night. Neither of those would probably appeal to us. Which nights are those on a 7 nt cruise?

Thanks,

Beth

We are looking to go to Crown Grill, but being new to Princess don't know which night is the best to miss in the dining room. A couple people recommended going during Caribbean night or French night. Neither of those would probably appeal to us. Which nights are those on a 7 nt cruise?

It may vary, but when you go to the Crown Grill to make your reservation, they will know.

• 3 weeks later...

Any night is a great night but don't miss the Crown Grill..it is our favorite on land or sea... we usually book it on the "at sea" nights...

And remember that you can have as much as you like of anything...

I usually start off with the mussel pot as an appetizer (it is an entree on the menu)...followed by the best pork chop ever.... wife always has the filet mignon... and we also order a side of the lobster tails that are listed on the menu as an entree (smaller but great)....

reservations are nice but not necessary... we book them however on the first day and request a table/booth out facing the water/promenade deck... quieter and just avoids the masses in the photo gasllery area...

we dined there 3 times last march on the Ruby....

Archived